It’s free weekend at raywenderlich.com! That means that until this Sunday, May 5th, you can watch our entire collection of 2,800+ videos completely for free!
This is your chance to check out the biggest library of iOS, Android, Swift, and Kotlin video courses and screencasts available online. Tell your friends, your family, and your co-workers — everyone’s invited.
Whether you’re just starting out with development or been doing it for years; whether you prefer iOS and Swift, or Android and Kotlin, or want to learn great architecture or design techniques, you’ll find something to help you build your career as a professional developer.
Wondering where to start? Here are some recommendations; for both advanced developers, and for beginners!
Advanced iOS & Swift: Top 5 Recommendations
1. Advanced Swift: Generics and Protocols: The generics system and protocols are the heart of the Swift language. Learn how it all fits together in this course!
2. 3D Graphics with Metal: Get an introduction to computer graphics using Metal on the GPU. You’ll render 3D models and even write a simple game using your very own game engine!
3. Beginning ARKit: Explore ARKit from getting to know how it works, all the way to adding new furniture in your room and identifying 3D objects from the camera!
4. Advanced Swift: Protocol Oriented Programming: Swift protocol oriented programming gives you the power of object oriented programming with better composability and without the baggage of class inheritance.
5. Data Structures & Algorithms in Swift: Learn how to implement data structures and algorithms in Swift! This course covers a wide range of topics, from fundamental data structures to advanced pathfinding algorithms.
Advanced Android & Kotlin: Top 5 Recommendations
1. Kotlin Native and Multiplatform: Get an introduction to Kotlin/Native and build a Kotlin Multiplatform app that runs on both iOS and Android using shared Kotlin code.
2. MVVM on Android: Learn how to build an Android app using the Model-View-ViewModel presentation architecture pattern, including testing and data binding.
3. Beginning RxKotlin: Dive into reactive programming in Kotlin and Android with RxKotlin! You’ll learn about observables, subscribing, and more, and how to use RxKotlin in your Android app projects.
4. MVI on Android: Use RxJava to build an app using the Model-View-Intent architecture, learning about components like intents, results, and state.
5. Android Background Processing: Mobile apps use a main thread to show their UI and interact with a user. Overloading the main thread can harm the user experience. Learn to use background threads, the new WorkManager, and Android Services to let your app download and process data while maintaining UI performance.
Just Getting Started with Building Apps?
Are you a beginner to iOS, Swift, Android, or Kotlin? Don’t worry: we’ve got you covered too!
Check out our learning paths, which guide you from complete beginner to professional mobile developer:
- iOS & Swift for Beginners: In this 19 course learning path, you’ll learn how to create professional iOS and Swift apps and publish them on the App Store.
- Android & Kotlin for Beginners: Through step-by-step tutorials and hands-on challenges, you’ll learn how to create professional Android and Kotlin apps using the latest techniques.
These are just a few of the courses available on our site. Follow this link to check out our complete catalogue:
And if you see something you like, share it! Simply tweet the URL of any video or course that catches your eye and tag Ray on Twitter: @rwenderlich. We’d love to know what you’re watching!
Where to Go From Here?
If you like what you see, we hope you consider subscribing to our site! Your support is what makes everything we do possible.
Don’t forget: our annual subscriptions are currently on sale:
This is your chance to keep the world’s largest collection of up-to-date iOS, Swift, Android and Kotlin videos right at your fingertips. It’s simply the best resource you’ll ever use as a developer.
We hope you take advantage of the raywenderlich.com free weekend, level up your skills, and build some cool new apps with what you’ve learned. Enjoy!