On this day in the United States, we give thanks for everything we’re grateful for.
There are two things I am incredibly grateful for this year, which happen to be the two things that make everything we do on this site possible:
- The raywenderlich.com team
- And you!
Let’s take a look at how things have changed since last year.
The raywenderlich.com Team
As you might know, this blog started out in 2010 as my personal blog:
In 2011, I put out our first call for tutorial authors and we brought in an amazing initial crew:
In 2012, we expanded the team even further, including adding new editors and translators:
As you can see, although this site bears my name, I am only a small part of what makes this happen.
All credit goes to this amazing team of authors, editors, forum subject matter experts, and translators who work hard every day to make this site possible!
I feel incredibly grateful to be able to work with and get to know such a talented and hard working crew. I hope to continue to work (and play!) with you for many years to come – thank you! :]
The second thing I am incredibly thankful for is all of the readers of this site – including you!
Here are our stats for this year:
- Consistently released 1-2 free tutorials per week.
- Over 300 tutorials on the site!
- About 2 million pageviews per month.
- Over 30K newsletter subscribers.
- 8 popular books and starter kits for sale on our site.
- A brand new site design and account system!
If it wasn’t for your readership and support, we wouldn’t be able to continuously develop and release tutorials, books, and articles like this. The team and I also really enjoy getting to know you all via iOS conferences, meetups, hangouts, emails, and forums.
So I am super thankful for each and every one of you! Thank you so much for reading and supporting this site.
Where Will We Go From Here?
This is just the beginning of where I’d like to see this site go. There’s a lot of new things I’d like us to try, and a lot of things I think we can do even better. Stay tuned for a lot of exciting news and developments in the upcoming year. :]
Remember, what this blog is all about is two things:
- Developing high quality programming tutorials and articles. Our goal is to take the coolest and most challenging topics and make them easy for everyone to learn – so we can all make amazing apps.
- Developing a strong community. Our goal is to help each other reach our dreams through friendship and cooperation. This strong community and cooperation is what makes us different – together, we can make some amazing things.
So thanks again to the raywenderlich.com team, and to you for helping make this happen – and I look forward to another great year ahead. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :]