The raywenderlich.com Ultimate Subscription launched earlier this week, and one of the most common questions people are asking is: “What’s the difference between an Ultimate Pro and an Ultimate Beginner subscription?”
It’s a good question! We’ve built these two products to serve the different needs of both sides of our audience: developers who are new to mobile development (or development in general) and are looking for products to help them get started, and developers who are working at a professional level and need to keep their skills sharp to stay at the top of their game.
Here’s the difference between the two different levels of subscriptions, to help you understand better which one is right for you!
Ultimate Beginner vs Ultimate Pro
There are two different levels of Ultimate Subscription:
- Ultimate Beginner: Designed for those just starting their journey into mobile development.
- Ultimate Pro: The ultimate resource designed for the professional mobile developer, or for those who need it all!
Here’s what’s included in each subscription:
The Ultimate Beginner Subscription
The Ultimate Beginner Subscription gives you access to the following Apprentice-level books:
- UIKit Apprentice: The best iOS programming book for beginners! Learn how to build five complete iOS and Swift apps by following easy step-by-step tutorials. Formerly the iOS Apprentice — just renamed!
- Swift Apprentice: Beginning programming with Swift! This book takes you from beginner to advanced in Swift: Apple’s modern programming language for iOS.
- Android Apprentice: Build four complete Android apps from scratch using Kotlin! Android Apprentice is our book for complete beginners to Android development.
- Kotlin Apprentice: Learn programming with Kotlin! The Kotlin Apprentice is a book designed for complete beginners to Kotlin, a modern language used for Android development.
- Flutter Apprentice: Build several Flutter apps from scratch that look great and run on iOS and Android!
- Dart Apprentice: Get started with Dart, the modern, flexible language behind Flutter.
- Git Apprentice: Intimidated by Git? This book takes you through the basics of collaborative software development using Git repositories.
You’ll have access to each and every book included above, for as long as you keep your Ultimate Beginner subscription. If we update the books in the Ultimate Beginner subscription, you’ll automatically receive those updates at no cost!
The Ultimate Beginner Subscription also gives you access to over 60 of our best video courses for beginners, (that’s over 1,500 videos!) covering important fundamental and intermediate topics that every mobile developer needs to know.
And on top of that, the Ultimate Beginner subscription gives you full access to all of our curated learning paths to guide you through your journey:
- iOS & Swift Learning Paths: Covers iOS and Swift for Beginners, iOS User Interfaces iOS Data and Networking, and iOS IDEs and Tools.
- Android & Kotlin Learning Paths: Covers Android and Kotlin for Beginners, Android User Interfaces, Android Data and Networking, and Android IDEs and Tools.
- Android and iOS Software Engineering Learning Paths: Covers Git, command line tools, and app asset design!
- Flutter and Dart (coming late 2020!) Covers Flutter and Dart for Beginners, Flutter User Interfaces, Networking, IDEs, tools, libraries and more!
But if you need more; if you want to go beyond the basics; if you want to have every single piece of content at your fingertips; if you want full and immediate access to all video courses and books on the site, then we’ve got just the thing for you: the Ultimate Pro Subscription!
The Ultimate Pro Subscription
The Ultimate Pro Subscription gives you everything: full access to every book, screencast, and video course on the site — and that includes every book and every video course we release in the future. It’s absolutely the best investment you can make in your development career.
The Ultimate Pro Subscription gives you access to over 40+ current books in our catalog, as well as all future books:
The Ultimate Pro subscription gives you full access to every single book on our site. And, again, you’ll receive automatic updates to the books in your collection to help you stay up-to-date as languages, platforms and frameworks evolve.
The Ultimate Pro Subscription also gives you access to all screencasts and video courses in our catalog, (that’s over 4,000+ videos!), as well as every single video course that we release in the future. Here’s just some of our most recent popular video courses (and we’re adding new ones all the time):
And in addition to that, the Ultimate Pro Subscription also lets you download video courses and take them offline with our official raywenderlich.com app, available for both iOS and Android. That means you won’t have to burn mobile data while watching the latest videos on your daily commute, and you can continue to work through your video courses in areas where coverage is spotty.
We’ve put together some answers to frequently asked questions about the Ultimate Beginner and Ultimate Pro subscriptions here:
If you don’t see the answer to your question in the FAQ, feel free to contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help you out!
As well, there’s a great amount of information in our Ultimate Subscription launch post, including a handy chart breaking down the features and benefits of each subscription.
Where to Go From Here?
If you’re still on the fence about which Ultimate subscription is right for you, consider the following questions:
- If you’re just starting out with mobile programming, or programming in general, then the Ultimate Beginner subscription is your best choice.
- If you’ve already been building apps for a few years, or you need to build your development skills quickly, then the Ultimate Pro subscription is what you need.
Either way you look at it, an Ultimate Subscription is the perfect way to build up your skills, with a broad range of courses targeted to get you the skills you need, along with books to give you in-depth information that we just couldn’t fit in the videos.
Plus, the combined effect of on-demand videos and online-access books means that you’re only a click away from the answers or the training you need, without lugging around print books or digging through a pile of PDFs.
Just to remind you, we’ve got a few special events running for the next few weeks:
- If you’re an existing subscriber, you’re eligible for an exclusive, subscriber-only upgrade discount to an Ultimate subscription.
- If you’re not yet a subscriber, you can learn more about our Ultimate subscriptions or even try the online book reading experience for yourself.
- Enter to win the Ultimate giveaway where you could win a free, 3-month Ultimate Pro Subscription for you and a friend, by following @rwenderlich and tagging a friend when you retweet this tweet linked here!
To stay in the loop on everything that’s happening with our videos and books, be sure to sign up for our RW Weekly newsletter so you don’t miss out.
We hope you enjoy the new online reading experience, and we thank all of you who have already signed up for the Ultimate Subscription. Subscribers like you help make everything we do here at raywenderlich.com possible!