To help us continue to expand our Android, OS X, and Unity tutorial offerings, we are currently recruiting some new Android, OS X, and Unity developers to join the tutorial team.
- The Android and Unity teams are looking for tech editors. Tech editors are incredibly important on our site – they are the guardians that makes sure each tutorial comes out is top-notch.
- The OS X team is looking for authors. This is your chance to give back to the community and influence the next generation of OS X developers!
Joining one of these teams is a great way to get your foot in the door on our team (and all the special opportunities that involves) – not to mention, getting paid to learn!
Time commitment for tech editors is 1 tech edit / month, and for writers 1 tutorial / 3 months, so it’s easy to fit in to your schedule.
If this sounds interesting, keep reading to find out what’s involved and how to apply!
Why Join Our Team?
Here are the top 5 reasons to join our Android, OS X, or Unity teams:
- Learning. You’ll always be learning something new — and will have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer, writer and person. The best part… you’ll make a lot of new friends along the way.
- Money! Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities. Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, speaking at our conference, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- You’ll Make a Difference. We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own app. This means a lot to us, and makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff! And as a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a lot of free stuff! You’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site — over $1,000 in value!
Requirements and How to Apply
Here are the requirements:
- You must be an experienced Android, OS X, or Unity developer.
- You should be a great writer with fluent English writing skills.
- You should be comfortable learning brand new topics that you’ve never done before, which are either not documented or poorly documented.
- You should have a strong work ethic — this will be a significant time commitment and is not easy.
To apply, send me an email. Be sure to include the following information:
- Which team are you most interested in (Android, OS X, or Unity)?
- Please tell me a little bit about yourself and your experience.
- What is the best app you’ve made or worked on for Android, OS X, or Unity? [Please include link]
- Please link to any examples of technical writing you’ve done in the past.
- Please include links to: your GitHub account, your StackOverflow account and your Twitter account.
If your application looks promising, we’ll send you a tryout to gauge your editing skills.
If you pass the tryout, you’re in!
Now’s The Time!
We will likely be starting up a big team project soon for each team (shhh), so this is probably your last chance to get in on it from the ground floor. Don’t let this one pass you by!
Now what are you waiting for – send me that email! The Android, OS X, and Unity team leads and I look forward to creating some great tutorials with you. :]