The best way to get started is by going through our Beginning Android Development tutorial series.
- Java For Android
- Java for Android Cheat Sheet and Quick Reference
- Kotlin For Android: An Introduction
- Beginning Android Development Part Two: Using Android Studio
- Beginning Android Development Part One: Installing Android Studio
Once you have gone through the basics, you should learn about some core concepts you need to know for Android development, such as activities, fragments, intents, and some important design patterns.
- Android: Intents Tutorial
- Introduction to Android Activities with Kotlin
- Common Design Patterns for Android with Kotlin
- Android Fragments Tutorial: An Introduction with Kotlin
An important part of creating an Android app is creating a delightful user interface. In this section, you'll learn how to create user interfaces that look and feel great on a variety of screen sizes.
- Android ListView Tutorial
- Android GridView Tutorial
- Android Animation Tutorial
- Responsive UI Tutorial for Android
- Android: An Introduction to Material Design with Kotlin
- Android RecyclerView Tutorial with Kotlin
Other Android Tutorials
But wait, there's more! In this section, you'll learn how to work with different Android SDK versions, how to distribute your app on the Android App Store, and much more.
- Geofences on Android with GoogleApiClient
- Android SDK Versions Tutorial
- Android App Distribution Tutorial: From Zero to Google Play Store
- What’s New in Android Studio 2.0
- Android Networking Tutorial: Getting Started
- Couchbase Tutorial for Android: Getting Started
- Introduction to Google Maps API for Android
- Dependency Injection in Android with Dagger 2
- ResearchStack Tutorial: Getting Started
- Augmented Reality in Android with Google’s Face API
- Reactive Programming with RxAndroid in Kotlin: An Introduction
- Getting Started with ARCore with Kotlin