iOS Animations by Tutorials
iOS 10 & Swift 3 Edition
Who Is This Book For?
This book is for iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift 3, and want to dive deep into animations.
If you are new to Swift 3, we suggest you read the Swift Apprentice, which takes you on a comprehensive tour through the Swift language, with beginners in mind.
If you are new to iOS, we suggest you read the The iOS Apprentice. That will give you a solid foundation of building iOS apps using Swift 3 from the ground up.
Fully up to date for Swift 3, iOS 10, and Xcode 8.
iOS Animations by Tutorials Third Edition: iOS 10 & Swift 3 Edition
Learn how to make delightful iOS animations in Swift – from beginning to advanced!
Here’s a detailed look at each chapter in the book:
- Chapter 1, Getting Started with View Animations: You’ll learn how to move, scale and fade views. You’ll create a number of different animations to get comfortable with Swift and the basic UIKit APIs.
- Chapter 2, Springs: You’ll build on the concepts of linear animation and create more eye-catching effects using spring-driven animations. Boiiing! :]
- Chapter 3, Transitions: You’ll learn about several class methods in UIKit that help you animate views in or out of the screen. These one-line API calls make transition effects easy to achieve.
- Chapter 4, View Animations in Practice: This chapter teaches you how to combine techniques you’ve already learned in creative ways to build up even cooler animations.
- Chapter 5, Keyframe Animations: You’ll use keyframe animations to unlock the ultimate achievement of an impressive UI: creating elaborate animation sequences built from a number of distinct stages.
- Chapter 6, Introduction to Auto Layout: This is a crash course on Auto Layout in case you’re not familiar with it already; you’ll need this for the next chapter.
- Chapter 7, Animating Constraints: Once you’ve worked through the project in Chapter 6, you’ll add a number of animations to it and put your newfound knowledge to good use.
- Chapter 8, Getting Started with Layer Animations: You’ll start with the simplest layer animations, but also learn about debugging animations gone wrong.
- Chapter 9, Animation Keys and Delegates: Here you gain more control over the currently running animations and use delegate methods to react to animation events.
- Chapter 10, Groups and Advanced Timing: In this chapter you combine a number of simple animations and run them together as a group.
- Chapter 11, Layer Springs: Take a tour of the shiny new
CASpringAnimationclass in iOS 9, which allows you to easily create layer spring animations.
- Chapter 12, Keyframe Animations: Here you’ll learn about layer keyframe animations, which are powerful and slightly different than view keyframe animations.
- Chapter 13, Shapes and Masks: Draw shapes on the screen via CAShapeLayer and animate its special path property.
- Chapter 14, Gradient Animations: Learn how to use CAGradientLayer to help you draw and animate gradients.
- Chapter 15, Stroke and Path Animations: Here you will draw shapes interactively and work with some powerful features of keyframe animations.
- Chapter 16, Replicating Animations: Learn about the little known but powerful
- Chapter 17, Custom Presentation Controller & Device Orientation Animations: Learn how to present view controllers via custom animated transitions.
- Chapter 18, UINavigationController Custom Transition Animations: You’ll build upon your skills with presenting view controllers and develop a really neat reveal transition for a navigation controller app.
- Chapter 19, Interactive UINavigationController Transitions: Learn how to make the reveal transition interactive: the user will be able to scrub back and forth through the animated transition!
- Chapter 20, Simple 3D Animations: Learn how to set up your layers in 3D space, how to choose the distance from the camera to your layer, and how to create animations in your 3D scene.
- Chapter 21, Intermediate 3D Animations: Go further into 3D space and learn about some of the more advanced ways to create 3D Animations.
- Chapter 22, Particle Emitters: Learn how to use UIKit’s built-in particle emitters to create a fun snowfall effect.
- Chapter 23, Frame Animations with UIImageView: Learn how to sequence multiple images together into a flipbook-style animation.
File formats and delivery
The source code for each book comes as Xcode projects and the books come in PDF format. You can download each book on your My Loot page immediately after purchasing.
What’s your refund policy?
We have a 30 day return period where you can request a refund if you are unsatisfied with the book. We do not offer price adjustments/partial refunds for purchased items that go on sale after you complete your purchase.
If you have any further questions that the above description hasn’t covered, feel free to ask a question in the forums and we’ll get to you as soon as possible!
What are you waiting for?
There’s no denying it: creating animations is one of the most enjoyable parts of iOS development.
Animations are fun to create, they breathe life into your user interface, and they make your app a delight to use.
So get ready to learn how to make your app stand out with beautiful animations — through high quality hands-on tutorials!
You might also like our other products:
Advanced Swift Bundle
Two books to help you bring your app development skills to the next level.
$109.98 $99.99 LEARN MORE
Mega Swift Bundle
The ultimate iOS library - 10 books with everything you need to become an iOS 10 and Swift 3 master!
$549.90 $439.99 LEARN MORE
Gain full access to our catalog of video tutorials, including new video tutorials each week!
From $14.99/mo LEARN MORE