Swift Algorithm Club
The Swift Algorithm Club is an open source project to implement popular algorithms and data structures in Swift.
Every month, we write a tutorial showing you how to make a cool algorithm or data structure from the project. Enjoy!
Alternative – For Complete Beginners to Programming
The iOS Apprentice is the best option, but if you don't feel like signing up for the newsletter, don't worry - we have an alternative option for you.
This series is a gentle introduction to Swift for those who are completely new to programming. Enjoy!
- Learn to Code iOS Apps with Swift Tutorial 1: Welcome to Programming
- Learn to Code iOS Apps with Swift Tutorial 2: Your First Project
- Learn to Code iOS Apps with Swift Tutorial 3: Arrays, Objects, and Classes
- Learn To Code iOS Apps With Swift Tutorial 4: Your First App
- Learn To Code iOS Apps With Swift Tutorial 5: Making it Beautiful
Alternative – For Experienced Programmers
If you are already an experienced programmer and want a "quick start" to Swift, this is the best option for you.
In this series, you'll learn the basics of the Swift language, and will make a basic tip calculator app using what you have learned.
- Swift 2 Tutorial: A Quick Start
- Swift 2 Tutorial Part 2: A Simple iOS App
- Swift 2 Tutorial Part 3: Tuples, Protocols, Delegates, and Table Views
Once you know the basics of Swift, you might want to check out a few of these handy articles and references.
- Swift Cheat Sheet and Quick Reference
- Swift Language Highlights: An Objective-C Developer’s Perspective
- Swift Language FAQ
- Introducing the raywenderlich.com Swift Style Guide
- Programming Challenge: Are You a Swift Ninja? Part 1
- Programming Challenge: Are You a Swift Ninja? Part 2
- Swift Style Guide: December 2014 Update
- What’s New in Swift 1.2
- Swift Style Guide: April 2015 Update
- What’s New in Swift 2
- Reference vs Value Types in Swift: Part 1/2
- Reference vs Value Types in Swift: Part 2/2
- Collection Data Structures in Swift
- Swift Style Guide: April 2016 Update
- What’s New in Swift 3?
We've released a number of other tutorials on the Swift language that you might want to check out as well.
- Operator Overloading in Swift Tutorial
- Intro to Object-Oriented Design in Swift: Part 1/2
- Intro to Object-Oriented Design in Swift: Part 2/2
- Swift Generics Tutorial
- Swift Functional Programming Tutorial
- Introducing Protocol-Oriented Programming in Swift 2
- Introduction to Functional Programming in Swift
- Swift Tutorial: Introduction to Generics
- Swift Tutorial: Introducing Structures
- Swift Tutorial: Variables and Constants
- Swift Tutorial: Repeating Steps with Loops
- Getting to Know Enums, Structs and Classes in Swift
- Swift Tutorial: Initialization In Depth, Part 1/2
- Swift Tutorial: Initialization In Depth, Part 2/2
- Introduction to Open Source Swift on Linux
- Implementing Custom Subscripts in Swift
- Magical Error Handling in Swift