Each month, one of the members of the team gives a Tech Talk, and by popular request we also stream these live.
Today in our November Tech Talk, tech editor Alexis Gallagher gave an excellent talk and Q&A on Swift, Functional Programming, and Does it Matter.
Here’s the video for anyone who didn’t get a chance to attend live!
Here are some handy links related to the talk:
- Tech Talk Slides
- Swift Functional Programming Tutorial – Our tutorial on getting started with functional programming in Swift
- Functional Programming in Swift – Book by the folks form objc.io
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs – Book on computer programming; teaches Scheme and functional programming
- Value of Values, The Language of The System – Videos from Rick Hickey, the inventor of Clojure, on the benefits of simplicity in untyped FP style
- Programming Languages Coursera Course – Introduces Standard ML, Scheme, and Ruby, and compares them in a deep and coherent way
- ReactiveCocoa – An ambitious project which among other things, brings functional influences into GUI development
- ReactiveCocoa Tech Talk Video – We had a tech talk on ReactiveCocoa as well – check it out!
- Om – An interesting project for developing GUIs in a functional style
- KZPlayground – Provides a playground-like behavior in Objective-C
- Little Schemer – Great cartoon-style intro to Scheme and FP
- Alexis Gallagher on Twitter
Want to Join Us Next Month?
Thanks again to Alexis for giving a great talk and Q&A, having the guts to present to a live audience :] And thank you to everyone who attended – we hope you enjoyed it!
Next month’s tech talk will be The Great CALayerTour with Scott Gardner – sign up here to join us.
Hope to see some of you there! :]