Recently, we put a poll on our sidebar asking if you would be interested in an official raywenderlich.com conference, focused on high quality Swift/iOS 8 technical content, and connecting as a community.
So far, over 1,000 people said they’d be interested, so we’re going to proceed with this!
The conference will run February next year, and we are currently in the process of finalizing the dates and location – I’ll post here as soon as we have the final details.
But in the meantime, we’d love to hear what you’d like to see in the conference!
Our Current Thoughts
The conference will be a 2-day conference (Fri+Sat) sometime in Feb, somewhere in Washington DC. Here’s our current thoughts:
- An amazing lineup of speakers. We’ll have tons of amazing speakers who literally wrote the book on their subjects, including Sam Davies, Matthijs Hollemans, Matt Galloway, Mic Pringle, Marin Todorov, and much more!
- Coordinated iOS 8 and Swift content. I will be personally organizing and curating the content of the conference to make sure it’s top-notch. We’ll have 2-3 tracks of content fully up-to-date with iOS 8 and Swift – trust me, you will learn a ton!
- Interactive focus. We believe strongly in a hands-on focus, so one of the tracks will purely focused on interactive content: workshops, labs, panels, group discussions, stump the experts, lightning talks, etc.
- Connect as a community One of our main goals of this conference is to connect as a team and community – myself and the other authors can’t wait to hang out with you! Expect some fun parties and social events as well :]
- International focus. Tons of our speakers are coming from abroad and we know many of you are too – so we are right in downtown Washington DC, for an easy trip (plus you can extend your trip for sightseeing)!
- Organized by the best. We are teaming up with John Wilker from 360iDev to organize the logistics-side of the conference and make sure it’s an amazing experience for all.
- Non-profit. RWDevCon is totally non-profit – we’re not looking to make any money on this, and will be spending every cent on making it a nice experience for attendees and speakers.
So anyway, these are our current thoughts, but what we are most interested in is the following:
Open Call for Suggestions
Like I said, we have some amazing speakers lined up, and I am personally going to curate the content of this conference, so we have a great opportunity to make this into a “dream conference” for iOS developers.
We’d love to hear your suggestions! Here are some questions for you:
- What excites you the most about this conference?
- What kinds of talks would you most like to attend?
- Are there any particular subjects, APIs, or technologies that you’d particularly like to see covered?
- Do you have any other suggestions that would make this an amazing conference for you?
Please leave your comments in the forums below or feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to get notified when tickets go on sale, sign up here:
Thanks all and we hope to see you at RWDevCon! :]