We are currently looking for a co-maintainer for the Swift Algorithm Club, our open source project to implement popular algorithms and data structures in Swift.
This is a great way to be involved with a high profile open source project, give back to the community, and learn a ton along the way!
Why Join Our Team?
Here are the top 5 reasons to join the Swift Algorithm Club as a co-maintainer:
- Learning. This is probably the best way to become an expert on Swift data structures and algorithms, while increasing your Swift skills! You’ll also become a better developer, writer and person. The best part… you’ll make a lot of new friends in the community along the way.
- Money! The co-maintainer position is volunteer-only, but we do pay for the articles you write on our site about the Swift Algorithm Club, so effectively you get paid to learn!
- Special Opportunities. Members of the team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, speaking at our conference, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- You’ll Make a Difference. The Swift Algorithm Club has over 10,000 starts on GitHub, and is helping a generation of programmers learn about algorithms. This means a lot to us, and makes all the hard work worth it.
- Free Stuff! And as a final bonus, by joining the team you’ll get a lot of free stuff! You’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site — over $1,000 in value!
As co-maintainer, you’d be responsible for the following:
- Deal with issues, pull requests, edit and code review submissions
- Help keep build server functional, especially as new submissions come in
- Occasionally submit new algorithms or find people to make ones we need
- Write a tutorial on raywenderlich.com based on something from the Swift Algorithm Club every 3 months
Where To Go From Here?
If you are interested in being a co-maintainer, please email me with answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a co-maintainer on the Swift Algorithm Club?
- Please tell me a little about your experience with Swift.
- Please tell me a little about your experience with algorithms.
- Please link to any articles/tutorials you have written online.
- Please link to your GitHub account page.
Thanks all – and we hope to see you around at the Swift Algorithm Club!