When I first started this site almost two years ago, I thought this site would just be my personal software development blog. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but hoped that with hard work at least I wouldn’t be speaking to the void.
Since that time, thanks to amazing readers like you, that’s definitely not the case! :] In those two years, this blog has grown in leaps and bounds:
- Consistently released at least 1 iOS tutorial per week.
- Over 125 tutorials on the site!
- Almost half a million visits per month.
- About 8K RSS subscribers and Twitter followers.
- Almost 4K newsletter subscribers.
- Our own forums, with 4X forum traffic growth since launch.
However, I can’t take full credit for this success, because although this site bears my name, it’s no longer just a personal software development blog. We have a great team of guys that work together to make everything we do here possible!
So today, I wanted to take a time out and recognize the awesome group of tutorial writers, forum moderators, and editors that makes this site possible. They are all great developers and super nice, and I have learned a lot from all of them.
So without further ado, I’m pleased to present the raywenderlich.com Team!
We currently have 5 forum moderators (help answer questions on forums), 13 tutorial team members (write high quality tutorials for the site), and 2 tutorial editors/admins (perform edit and technical reviews on the tutorials).
As you can see, we’re all across the world! Currently we have writers in 5 out of 7 continents: 8 in North America, 5 in Europe, 2 in South America, 1 in Australia, 1 in Asia (arguably). I’m still looking for tutorial writers in Africa or Antartica! ;]
The main point I’m trying to get across is that this site is a team effort, and there are a lot of awesome guys here working really hard to give back to the community. So what can you do?
- Say hello in person! Do you live near one of us? If so, meet up with us and chat about iOS over a beer or two!
- Follow us on Twitter! If you want to see what the team is tweeting about, I’ve set up a handy twitter list with everyone on the team – it’s a great source for iOS tweets and news!
- Say thank you! If you like a tutorial or someone helps you on the forums, thank the tutorial author or forum moderator. It’s always nice to know your efforts are appreciated.
- Read about the team. Check out the about page to find out more about everyone on the team!
- Join in! This community depends on the participation of everyone, so chime in and contribute to the forums! Ask questions, answer others, and add to the discussion.
And that’s it! Again, a huge thanks to everyone on the raywenderlich.com Team – I am truly grateful to be able to work with you to create some great tutorials. And most of all – thank you to everyone who reads this blog!
Here’s hoping to (at least) 2 more years at raywenderlich.com! :]