Do you like making games with Unity or Unreal Engine? Are you an experienced Android developer?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then you may be exactly who need on our Unity, Unreal Engine and Android tutorial teams!
We’re looking for authors and technical editors for our Unity and Unreal Engine teams, and we’re looking for tech editors for our Android team.
Keep reading to find out what’s involved with each position, and how to apply!
Why Join Our Team?
Here are the top 5 reasons to join the Android, Unity or Unreal Engine Team:
- Learning: You’ll always be learning something new — and you’ll have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer and writer. But the best part is that you’ll make a lot of new friends who are also passionate about Android, Unity or Unreal Engine along the way.
- Money: Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities: Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, speaking at our conference, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more. Did we mention books? That’s right, we’re thinking of making a book on Unreal Engine, and you could be a part of it!
- Make a Difference: We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own game. This means a lot to us, and it makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff: As a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site — over $1,000 in value!
Requirements and How to Apply
Here are the requirements:
- You must be an experienced Android, Unity or Unreal Engine developer.
- You should be a good writer with fluent English writing skills.
- You should be comfortable learning about brand new topics that you’ve never done before; some of which may be poorly documented or not documented at all.
- You should have a strong work ethic. This will be a significant time commitment and you must be able to deliver on deadline.
To apply, send me an email, and be sure to include the following information:
- Do you want to join the Android, Unity or Unreal Engine team? Why do you want to be an Android tech editor, or Unreal Engine or Unity author or tech editor? Please specify which team and role you prefer.
- Please tell me a little bit about yourself and your experience.
- What is the best game you’ve made or worked on using Android, Unity or Unreal Engine, and why are you proud of the work you did on this game? [Please include link]
- Please link to any examples of technical writing you’ve done in the past or books you’ve written.
- Please include links to your StackOverFlow account, Twitter account, your GitHub account, your Unreal Engine AnswerHub profile, your Unreal Engine Community Forum account, or your Unity Answers/Forums Account (if you have one).
If you’re applying to be an author, you’ll be required to write a sample tutorial to gauge your writing skills. If you’re applying to be a tech editor, you’ll be given a tech editor tryout so we can gauge your editing skills. If you pass the tryout, you’re in!
Now’s The Time!
Don’t sit on the sidelines wishing you had applied — try out for the team. Come share your knowledge and be part of our growing Android, Unity and Unreal Engine community!
What are you waiting for? Send me that email and let’s get a conversation going! :]