Part two of our new course, Drawing in iOS, is available today!
If you’re familiar with the basics of creating iOS user interfaces, but want to take your skills up a notch, this course is for you.
In part two, you’ll tap into the power of Core Graphics to create three more controls. You’ll learn how to draw with Core Graphics, create reusable images, apply transforms, use Core Graphics gradients, and more!
Take a look at what’s inside:
Part 2: Core Graphics
- Introduction: Let’s review what you’ll be learning in this section, and find out about the three controls you’ll design.
- Core Graphics Drawing: So how do you draw into a view? Find out how to draw a cupcake.
- Challenge: Customize a Button: Complete your custom button in this hands-on challenge.
- Images and Contexts: Find out what a context is and how to create a reusable image.
- Transforms: Learn how to move your canvas before painting into it by using transforms.
- Challenge: Draw Clock Numbers: Put your transform knowledge to use by drawing numbers into your timer.
- Core Graphics Gradients: More powerful than CAGradientLayer – learn how to use Core Graphics gradients in a graph background.
- Challenge: Complete a graph: Complete a graph from dynamic data by “drawing” on everything you’ve learned in this hands-on challenge.
- Conclusion: Let’s review what you learned throughout the course and discuss where to go next.
Where To Go From Here?
The rest of the course is for raywenderlich.com subscribers only. Here’s how you can get access:
- If you are a raywenderlich.com subscriber: The entire course is now ready to watch! You can check out the course here.
- If you are not a subscriber yet: What are you waiting for? Subscribe now to get access to our new Drawing in iOS course and our entire catalog of over 500 videos.
Stay tuned for more new and updated courses to come. I hope you enjoy the course! :]