We’re recruiting a few experienced Unity developers to help us grow the team and provide even more fresh Unity content to you.
We have a few Unity author positions available, so if you’re an experienced Unity developer, you may be just who we’re looking for.
What are the Author Description, Requirements and Time Commitments?
Author: Authors focus on writing new high quality tutorials, and updating existing tutorials. We prefer to write about topics of interest to a wide audience – especially on particularly hot topics, demonstrating brand new APIs, cool techniques, and more.
If you love learning new things and teaching people about them, this may be for you.
* Time commitment: about 1 tutorial every 6 months.
- Experienced Unity Developer with C# programming experience. It’s a plus if you have shader and/or shader graph experience but it’s not required.
- You should be a good writer with very fluent English writing skills.
- You should be comfortable learning about brand new topics that you’ve never done before; some of which may be poorly documented or not documented at all.
- You should have a strong work ethic. This will be a significant time commitment and you must be able to deliver on deadline.
Why Join our Team?
- We are a group of over 300 elite developers from around the world, who team up to create the highest quality tutorials on the Internet. We’re always looking for talented developers to join our team, and we’d love for you to be a part! :]
- Learning: You’ll always be learning something new — and you’ll have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer and writer, but the best part is that you’ll make a lot of new friends who are also passionate about Unity along the way.
- Money: Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities: Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- Recognition: Each tutorial lists the contributors at the bottom of the tutorial with a link to your profile, giving you great exposure. This is great to add to your resume.
- Make a Difference: We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own game. This means a lot to us, and it makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff: As a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site.
What is the Tryout Process Like?
Applying to be an author requires writing a sample tutorial to gauge your writing skills in addition to Unity skills and adherence to our guides. You must be able to write very fluently in English.
How to Apply
If you want to apply, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and answer these questions:
- Why do you want to join the Unity team??
- Please tell me a little bit about yourself and your experience.
- What is the best game or project you’ve made or worked on using Unity and why are you proud of the work you did on this game? [Please include link]
- Please link to any examples of technical writing you’ve done in the past or books you’ve written.
Please include links to your Stack Overflow account, Twitter account, or GitHub account.
Where to Go From Here?
There’s never been a better time to join the Unity team. Don’t just wish you had applied — come join us! Email me (email@example.com) today and I’ll get you started.