Update: Thank you so much to everyone who emailed me with your interest in this position! I am reviewing the submissions now and will announce the new moderator(s) soon!
As you may have already noticed, a few months ago I set up forums on this web site so that it could become a bigger & better resource for developers looking to learn more about programming for iOS.
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to keep up with helping people out on the forums as much as I would like. But I still really want to make it a good resource for everyone, so I wanted to reach out for help!
So I’m looking for a forum moderator or two to help answer questions, combat spam, etc. My friend and fellow iOS developer Shawn Grimes has kindly volunteered to be the first forum moderator, but I’m still looking for one more to lighten the workload!
What Would I Do?
I’m looking for an intermediate or advanced iOS developer with both UIKit and Cocos2D experience to help moderate this site’s forums.
You’d review the forums about twice a week and help out the people there as you can, delete spam when necessary, etc.
Optionally, if you’d like you could guest post on this blog (max once per month). If you choose to do this, I’d work with you to make a high quality iOS development tutorial and you can have backlinks to your site or wherever you want.
What’s In It For Me?
Well, the main part is to help out the iOS community, and to help myself out personally who is overly swamped at the moment!
But I’m also throwing this in to try to sweeten the deal a little:
- I’ll put your picture on the front page of the blog, with your name and a link to your bio.
- Your account would have full forum moderator access and your posts would be in a special color.
- You’d have direct input on how to improve the forum & blog moving forward.
- The opportunity to guest post, as mentioned above, which could be good exposure and a good learning experience.
- First dibs on referrals for iOS contracting opportunities that come in from time to time.
- I will send you a small payment every week via Paypal to thank you for your assistance.
The deal would be on an “either of us could cancel at any time for any reason” type arrangement.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please contact me and let me know your level of iOS experience and why you’re interested in this.
Update: I have been fortunate enough that several people have already written in, so I am not taking further submissions at this time. However if you’d like me to have your email in case I ever need more forum moderators in the future feel free to drop me a line! :]
Thanks for your consideration and for reading this blog :]