The first Tuesday of each month, one of the members of the team gives a Tech Talk, and by popular request we’ve started to stream these live.
Here’s the video for anyone who didn’t get a chance to watch!
Here is the source code for the demo from the tech talk.
Orta and Cesare mentioned a ton of helpful links in the talk – here is my best attempt to capture everything.
- cocoapods.org: The official site
- cocoapods.org/about: Learn about the team behind CocoaPods
- guides.cocoapods.org: Tons of helpful guides on using CocoaPods
- Podlife: App to give you notifications when CocoaPods are updated
- cocoacontrols.com: Nice visual browser for open source libraries/controls
- Alcatraz: Package manager referred to by Orta (but not working yet in Xcode 5 at the time of this blog post)
- CocoaPods for Xcode: An Xcode plugin for CocoaPods
- KFCocoaPodsPlugin: Another Xcode plugin for CocoaPods
- MBProgressHUD: One of Cesare’s favorite CocoaPods; Displays a popup to indicate work being done on a background thread
- ARAnalytics: One of Cesare’s favorite CocoaPods; Simplifies iOS Analytics, made by Orta
- FLKAutoLayout: One of Orta’s favorite CocoaPods; Helper class for auto layout
- ORStackView: One of Orta’s favorite CocoaPods; Easily create stack views with auto layout, made by Orta
- FXBlurView: One of Orta’s favorite CocoaPods; Realtime blurs in iOS
- Alex Curylo’s Favorite Pods: A list of good CocoaPods from a blogging buddy of mine
- @_funkyboy: Follow Cesare on Twitter
- @orta: Follow Orta on Twitter
Want to Join Us Next Month?
Thanks again Cesare and Orta for giving a great talk and having the guts to present to a live audience :] And thank you to everyone who attended – we hope you enjoyed it!
Next month, Brian Moakley, Marin Todorov, and myself will have some demos and an epic debate about Sprite Kit vs. Cocos2D vs. Unity 2D. Come join us to find out which is the “one true best” framework for making iOS games!
We will be broadcasting this talk live on Tuesday, March 4 at 2:00 PM EST, so if you want to join us sign up here! As you watch the talk, you can submit any Q&A you may have live.
Hope to see some of you there! :]