The Tutorial Team and I are extremely happy to announce that the Second Edition of iOS 5 by Tutorials is now available – fully updated for Xcode 4.5 and iOS 6!
This is a huge update – we went through each and every chapter of this book and made the following changes:
- Updated all chapters for iOS 6 and Xcode 4.5.
- Added extra material on relevant new iOS 6 APIs.
- Updated all chapters to use Modern Objective-C syntax.
- Updated most chapters to use Storyboards instead of XIBs.
- Streamlined many chapters to stay more focused on main topics.
- Much, much, more!
In summary, we spent a lot of time going through each chapter with a fine-tooth comb to make sure everything is up-to-date and relevant with the latest version of iOS and Xcode. This update is a must-have for any iOS 5 by Tutorials reader!
Keep reading to find out how much the second edition costs, and how you can get it!
How Much Does it Cost?
For current PDF customers: absolutely nothing! :]
Although most other publishers would charge you for a fully updated second edition of this size, we are releasing the second edition as a completely free update to our PDF customers!
This is our way of saying thanks for purchasing the PDF – you are what makes all of the tutorials, books, and Starter Kits we make on raywenderlich.com possible!
If you are an iOS 5 by Tutorials PDF or iOS 5 and 6 by Tutorials Bundle PDF customer, you can access the latest download link in the iOS 5 by Tutorials private forum.
If you do not have access to this forum, you can sign up for access here:
If you have any troubles signing up, just contact me directly and I’ll get you set up.
Those of you who prefer paper books might wonder if we’re planning on releasing the second edition in print too.
A few notes on this:
- We definitely are! It might be a month or two before the print version is available though.
- Obviously, the print version of the second edition will not be a free update, because there is no way to “update” physical books unfortunately ;]
- Note that the print version and PDF version are completely separate products for sale separately (i.e. you do not get one if you buy the other!)
- The main reason we’re offering a print version is we know some of you still love printed books best, so we’re doing it for you guys :] We’ll post back here when it’s all set up!
We hope you enjoy the second edition of iOS 5 by Tutorials, and thank you again to everyone who purchased the book – we hope you have enjoyed it so far, and even more in the future! :]