This is just a quick announcement to let you all know that I will be giving a one-day crash course called “iOS Programming 101” this Sunday at 360 iDev in Austin, Texas.
Through several hands-on sessions, students will create their own iPhone application from scratch, complete with a table view, detail views, and persistent data – and even port the app to the iPad!
In the process, you’ll have a chance to earn skills, fame, and mad loot!
What We’ll Cover
The course will be covering a lot of the topics we’ve been discussing on this blog, such as:
- How to choose the right Application template (or build from scratch!)
- How to make a simple iPhone app with a UIView and the most useful controls
- How to respond to orientation changes
- How to use navigation controllers
- How to use table views – and make them look good!
- How to save application data (with the right way for the right situation!)
- How to port your app to the iPad
- Using UISplitViewController and UIPopoverController
- And much more!
This course is tailored for beginners to iOS development, or for those who would like a refresher on their foundational knowledge. It will be focusing on beginner UIKit topics only – not game programming or advanced topics.
It’s Not Too Late to Sign Up!
I’d love to see some of you there! It’s not too late to sign up for 360iDev – the topics on the schedule look really interesting and flights to Austin are cheap! :]
Bring your laptops and any iOS devices you may have. Don’t worry if you don’t have a laptop, you can team up with someone there if not (and maybe even learn more that way!)
Without further ado, here are the slides!