As you might know, this site is a community effort of over 100 part-time authors and editors, who team up to write high quality tutorials and books.
But you might not know that we also have 10 full-time employees too. Our job is to keep things running smoothly, create video tutorials, and to run our annual conference, RWDevCon.
Today, we are happy to announce an opportunity for a new full-time position: Senior Fullstack Developer at raywenderlich.com!
If you are a great designer with some front-end skills or know someone who is, keep reading to find out what’s involved!
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a senior fullstack developer, to help make a major overhaul of this site.
This is a great chance to work on a green-field project with some great developers using lots of exciting new tech, and to take an already popular site to the next level! :]
Better yet – our team is distributed, so you can work remotely from the comfort of your own home – from anywhere in the world.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails
- Demonstrable knowledge of architecting microservice-like platforms
- Deep understanding and interest in a wide range of technologies and design patterns
- Experience with front-end technologies—React and Redux a bonus
- Top-notch communication skills
- Strong analytical skills—the ability to weigh costs & benefits and arrive at a sensible compromise
- Strong problem-solving ability—in a technology agnostic manner
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Interest in / experience of teaching programming
Razeware is the company behind this site. We’re passionate about learning new development skills, and teaching others what we’ve learned through high quality, hands-on tutorials.
We are a small company that has been profitable for over 7 years. Currently we have just 10 full-time employees, so you’d be getting in on the ground floor.
We’re also a 100% distributed company: everyone works from their own home or office, whether it be Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut, or England. We make heavy use of Trello, Slack, Google Hangouts, and email for team communication.
We have a ton of great benefits, such as:
- Remote working!
- Health insurance and 401K match (US only)
- Generous PTO – plus 1-week company-wide Christmas vacation
- Competitive salary
- Professional development (conferences & training)
- Free trip to our annual conference – RWDevCon
Our site is helping millions of developers across the world make apps, further their careers, and fulfill lifelong dreams. If you’re passionate about helping our small but highly motivated team take this to the next level, this is the job for you.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please help spread the word about this post – we really appreciate it.
We look forward to hearing from you! :]