One of the great benefits of an Ultimate Subscription is the automatic updates and additions of content to your subscription; Ultimate Professional subscribers get every new book and video course added to their collections, and Ultimate Beginner subscribers also get to enjoy updates to their content as well as new beginner-level content when it’s available.
So what new content will we be adding and updating? Come gaze with us into the crystal ball of our book and video teams and see what the future holds!
Upcoming and Newly Updated Content
We have a pile of new books and videos that we’ll be releasing in the next few months that we’d like to showcase for you:
We’re working on a host of new books to be released in full between late 2020 and early 2021:
- Flutter Apprentice: Android developers and iOS developers alike are taking to Flutter, Google’s UI toolkit that will help you create attractive, natively compiled apps for multiple platforms using a single codebase. This book will take you through everything you need to know to get started!
- Dart Apprentice: Begin object-oriented programming in the Dart language and learn language-based fundamentals like expressions, functions, variables, classes, asynchronous programming and more!
- Advanced Swift: So you know Swift fundamentals – now what? Deepen your knowledge as an advanced developer with concepts such as semantics, protocols, algorithms, strings, custom sequences, reactive programming and more!
- Jetpack Compose: Let us guide you through Android’s suite of libraries to help you follow all the best practices, including working with your UI, building lists, creating custom composables, managing state, animating properties and more!
- Android Accessibility: Our author, Victoria Gonda, said it best: Any responsible app today is thinking about accessibility. This book will teach you to get your Android app in the hands of more users by implementing critical accessibility features.
- App Design Apprentice: In this beginner-level book for non-designers, we’ll guide you through designing modern mobile-app UI and UX using fundamental design principles. This book is currently available for pre-order.
- Dagger by Tutorials: Take a deep dive into dependency injection on Android with Dagger and Hilt, including design principles, injection, modules, components and more!
- Publishing to the App Store: You’ve finished building your iOS or iPadOS app — now what? Learn about entitlements, release configurations, troubleshooting code signing, and leveraging internal and TestFlight distribution of your app to your testing teams. This book will take you through all the fundamentals, as well as managing your app after it is published.
- Android App Distribution: Your Android app is done, but what else do you need to take care of besides uploading it to the Play Store? This book covers internal and external distribution, managing testing, best practices for security and permissions, optimizing app size and obfuscating your APK, automation tools and more.
- Real-World Android by Tutorials: Level up your professional development skills in Android by building a real-world app from top to bottom, including animations, UI lifecycles, dynamic features, and security.
- SwiftUI Apprentice: New to iOS app development, and want to build your UI the modern way using SwiftUI? This book will guide you in building your iOS apps from the ground up, Apple’s solution to making fluid and engaging declarative UI for your apps.
- Apple Augmented Reality By Tutorials: This book is the easiest and fastest way to get hands-on experience using Apple frameworks and technologies like Reality Composer, RealityKit, and ARKit — all the available rendering technologies Apple has to offer, as well as a collection of fun projects for creating various real-world AR experiences. After reading this book, you’ll have a deep understanding of the technologies and frameworks used to create powerful, immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
Recently Released Books
We’ve just updated the following books in the past month:
- UIKit Apprentice (formerly iOS Apprentice): For complete beginners! If you’re completely new to Swift and iOS development (or need a brush-up), this is the series for you. The iOS Apprentice is a series of epic-length tutorials for beginners where you’ll learn how to build four complete apps from scratch. Each new app will be a little more advanced than the one before, and together they cover everything you need to know to make your own apps. By the end of the series you’ll be experienced enough to turn your ideas into real apps that you can sell on the App Store.
Catalyst by Tutorials: Run iOS apps natively on macOS with Catalyst!
Catalyst by Tutorials shows you how to take all of those great apps you’ve build on iOS and run them right on macOS. But like everything else with Apple, it’s not always as straightforward as you’d like it to be. This book will show you how to design your apps to work well on macOS, what you can and can’t port between the two platforms, and any other “gotchas” to keep an eye out for when building apps under Catalyst.
- Swift Apprentice: For complete beginners to Swift and coding. No prior programming experience necessary! This is a book for complete beginners to Apple’s modern programming language — Swift. All the code in the book works inside of Xcode’s easy-to-use playgrounds. That means you can focus on core Swift language concepts, such as classes, protocols, and generics, instead of getting bogged down in the details of building apps.
- Advanced iOS Architecture: Advanced iOS App Architecture thoroughly explains multiple modern iOS architectures, and demonstrates their usage in real-world apps. Each architecture chapter concludes by covering the pros and cons of that architecture. You can read this section in order — or jump straight to the architecture that interests you.
Other Upcoming Updates
We’re also busy at work updating many of your favorite books, which are due to be released in the coming months:
Android & Kotlin Books
- Advanced Android App Architecture
- Android Apprentice
- Android Test-Driven Development
- Data Structures & Algorithms in Swift
- Kotlin Apprentice
- Kotlin Coroutines by Tutorials
- Reactive Programming with Kotlin
- Saving Data on Android
iOS & Swift Books
- Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift
- Advanced Apple Debugging & Reverse Engineering
- Auto Layout by Tutorials
- Concurrency by Tutorials
- Core Data by Tutorials
- Data Structures & Algorithms in Swift
- Design Patterns by Tutorials
- iOS Animations by Tutorials
- iOS Test-Driven Development
- Machine Learning by Tutorials
- Metal by Tutorials
- Push Notifications by Tutorials
- RxSwift: Reactive Programming with Swift
- Server-Side Swift with Vapor
- Swift Apprentice
- SwiftUI by Tutorials
For more details on each of these books, check out our post about our upcoming books!
We’re also planning even more books for 2021 and beyond. And with an Ultimate Pro Subscription, you’ll automatically get all of these books added to your library when they’re released!
We also have a lot of upcoming video courses that we can’t wait to share with you:
- Advanced MapKit: Level up your MapKit knowledge! Learn how to customize your maps by way of custom drawing. Discover the difference between an overlay and a renderer, and how you can use those components to expand the map by providing more information, or by creating an entirely map using your own map tiles.
- Your Second Flutter App: Level up your MapKit knowledge! Learn how to customize your maps by way of custom drawing. Discover the difference between an overlay and a renderer, and how you can use those components to expand the map by providing more information, or by creating an entirely map using your own map tiles.
- Your Second iOS and SwiftUI App: Use the knowledge you’ve gained from creating a SwiftUI app, and learning the basics of Swift, to create a more complex app: one to track your book collection!
- Reusable SwiftUI Views in the raywenderlich.com App: Build two of the custom SwiftUI views used throughout the raywenderlich.com app. Get a glimpse into how we used SFSymbols, managed colors, and made the most of live previews.
- Advanced iOS Design Patterns: Learn about advanced design patterns like flyweight, mediator, composite, command pattern, chain of responsibility, and coordinator pattern.
- UIKIt Fundamentals: Learn the basics of UIKit by creating a simple iPhone app. This course will the show the fundamental concepts of an app project, adding controls and navigating between screens.
- …and much, much more!
We’re releasing new video content weekly — stay tuned to see what other great content we have coming out!
We’ve updated our FAQ to give you the answers to your questions about our new Ultimate Beginner and Ultimate Pro subscriptions and our new online book reading experience:
Don’t see the answer to your question in the FAQ? Contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help you out!
Where to Go From Here?
There’s a ton of great content here — and the best part is that you can sample most of our video courses and books before you buy! We’ve made the first few videos of each course and the first few chapters of each book free for everyone to enjoy. Go on and give the videos and books a try!
But wait — before you go, there’s just a little bit of housekeeping to take care of:
- Existing subscribers can get an exclusive discount by upgrading to an Ultimate subscription here.
- To learn more, head on over to our subscription page to see more details about what’s in our Ultimate Beginner and Ultimate Pro subscriptions.
- Go win something! Enter to win a free, 3-month Ultimate Pro Subscription for you and a friend, by following @rwenderlich and tagging a friend when you retweet this tweet. Who doesn’t want to win free stuff?
To stay in the loop on everything that’s happening with our videos and books, be sure to sign up for our RW Weekly newsletter so you don’t miss out.
Again, I want to thank you for being a loyal member of the raywenderlich.com community. Supporting the mobile development community is at the heart of everything we do, and your support makes everything we do possible!