IBMers Chris Bailey and David Okun of the recently published “Server Side Swift with Kitura” walk us through this growing technology.
Then, we say goodbye to Jay and season 8 and tell you how YOU can be our Season 9 Co-host.
- Server Side Swift with Kitura Book – RayWenderlich.com
- Kitura.io Web – Main Site
- Node.js Web – Main Site
- Linux Web – Main Site
- Darwin Web – Apple Open Source
- Part 1, Part 2 Podcast – RWPodcast Concurrency Episodes
- iso 8601 Definition – Wikipedia
- iso 8601 and Codable Blog – Hacking with Swift
- Ask Mercedes App – iTunes Store
- Micropayments Definition – Wikipedia
- try! Swift Conference – Tokyo
- ORM Definition – Wikipedia
- Prometheus Project – Github
- Grafana Web – Main Site
- SwiftNIO Project – Github
We are looking for our Season 9 Co-host and it could be you! If you are interested in joining our show; have iOS, Android, or Server-side developmental knowledge; and have a voice — then you should join our team.
Being a season host brings a lot of great benefits:
- You’re not starting from scratch – you have a well established audience, a proven format, and marketing support from raywenderlich.com.
- You’re not doing it alone – you’ll be working with a talented and experienced co-host (who’s also a super nice guy) – Dru!
- People will recognize you – tons of people have come up to our podcast hosts in the past complimenting them on their podcast, recognizing their voice, chatting with them, etc – it’s like being a mini-celebrity!
- You’ll get to speak with famous members of the community – you can pick out well known/respected members of the community you’ve always wanted to talk to and have an excuse to have a chat with them – an opportunity you wouldn’t get any other way!
- You’ll learn tons – by researching for episodes, and talking with experts
- You’ll help others – by showcasing new technologies folks want to learn about
- You’ll make a friend – Chances are good you’ll be good friends with Dru by the end of this (for better or worse, hee hee)
- You’ll have fun – If you’re the kind of person who loves to learn and chat about technical subjects, you’ll have a blast!
If you’re interested, please Email the Podcast Team, with a little bit about you and why you’d like to be a season host.
- Dru Freeman on Twitter
- Jay Strawn on Twitter
- Chris Bailey on Twitter
- David Okun on Twitter
- Email the Podcast Team
Where To Go From Here?
We hope you enjoyed this episode of our podcast. Be sure to subscribe in iTunes to get notified when the next episode comes out.
We’d love to hear what you think about the podcast, and any suggestions on what you’d like to hear in future episodes. Feel free to drop a comment here, or email us anytime at email@example.com.