Our whirlwind eight-week-long celebration – the iOS 10 Feast – has now officially concluded!
We had a whale of a time releasing 10 books this year, including some fin-tastic new covers:
After the excitement of the book launches, the early access sneak-peek releases, and the free tutorials and screencasts, we’re a little bit sad that it’s all over. :[
But wait — there’s one last thing to announce: the winners of the iOS 10 Feast Giveaway!
This year represents our biggest giveaway ever, with an unbelievable $40,000 in prizes up for grabs — including the Grand Prize of over $10,000 worth of development tools, services, and swag!
Let’s review what’s inside and see who won.
Grand Prize Package
The grand prize winner will receive a massive prize pack of 53 prizes split into 13 categories:
Version Control Tools
- GitHub 1-year subscription ($84 value): Build your own projects on GitHub.com and invite collaborators to join you in unlimited private repositories.
- GitKraken Pro 1-year subscription ($60 value): Fantastic Git client; edit your merge conflict output in-app, maintain multiple profiles and more!
- Tower 2 ($79 value): Version control with Git – made easy. In a beautiful, efficient, and powerful app.
- Bitrise Pro 1-year subscription with 2 Concurrencies ($1080 value): iOS Continuous Integration and Delivery for your whole team, with dozens of integrations for your favorite services.
- Buddybuild 1-year team subscription ($1908 value): Buddybuild ties together a continuous integration, continuous delivery and an iterative feedback solution into a single, seamless platform for all your mobile apps.
- Applanga 6-month Starter Subscription ($330 value): Everything you need to make mobile app localization fast and easy.
- shinobicontrols professional bundle 1-year subscription ($1495 value) includes the following:
- ShinobiCharts: Bring your app’s data to life with these professional chart components.
- ShinobiToolkit: An excellent collection of UI controls to enhance your apps with features like Grids, Calendars, Carousels and Gauges.
- ShinobiForms: Tools for building user input forms quickly and easily.
Other Development Tools
- AppCode 1-year subscription ($199 value): A smart IDE for iOS and macOS development.
- Base 2 ($29 value): Create, design, edit and browse SQLite 3 database files. It’s quick to get in to and get the data you need.
- Charles ($50 value): A slick HTTP proxy, monitor and reverse proxy that lets you view all of the HTTP and SSL/HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet.
- Dash for macOS ($30 value): Instant offline access to documentation sets, and extremely handy snippet manager.
- Dash for iOS ($10 value): Mobile offline access to documentation sets.
- Paw 1-year team subscription (up to 5 users) ($500 value): Powerful HTTP API test client that syncs automatically between team members.
- Reveal ($59 value) – A powerful runtime view debugging tool with advanced visualisations, comprehensive inspectors and the ability to modify applications on the fly.
- Acorn 5 ($30 value): An easy to use Mac image editor, designed for humans. With a ton of new features and refinements, you will make beautiful images in Acorn!
- Affinity Designer ($50 value): A 2015 Apple Design Award winner, this innovative illustrator combines vector design and raster finishing naturally in one tool. Put simply, its speed, power and precision make creating art feel fun and spontaneous again!
- Affinity Photo for Mac ($50 value): Apple’s App of the Year 2015, this professional photo editing tool has live retouch tools that work in real time, non-destructive editing, raw processing and end-to-end color management – make beautiful photographs spring to life!
- AppCooker ($30 value): Design apps like a chef – right on your iPad!
- Astropad for iPad ($30 value): Turn your iPad into a graphics tablet!
- Avocode 3-month subscription ($39 value): Got a design? Turn it into code with Avocode. Upload and share your designs; get CSS, export assets, measure and handpick colors.
- Briefs ($10 value): Share your ideas without code. Create prototypes with the animation performance and responsive interaction of a native application.
- ColorSnapper 2 ($9 value): The classic color picker app for designers & developers which makes it easy to collect, adjust, organize and export colors of any pixel on the screen.
- Core Animator ($100 value): Turn your own animations into native iOS code.
- PaintCode 2 ($100 value): PaintCode is a vector drawing app that generates Core Graphics code in real time.
- Principle for Mac ($100 value): Principle makes it easy to create animated and interactive user interface designs!
- Promotee ($10 value): Make your app’s promo art shine using this tool to create slick framed product shots.
- Sketch 3 ($99 value): Vector-based app for designers of all types to create create beautiful, high-quality artwork.
- Zeplin 6-month Growing Business Subscription ($150 value): A tool that makes handing off designs from designers to developers much easier. Generate styleguides, and resources, automatically!
- Duet ($20 value): Lets you use your iDevice as an extra display for your Mac using the Lightning or 30-pin cable. In Retina. At 60 frames per second. Seriously.
- Focused ($30 value): No clutter, no distractions. Just a perfectly crafted set of tools to help you write and stay focused on the task at hand.
- Monodraw ($20 value): A neat tool for creating diagrams, layouts, and flow charts – in ASCII art! :]
- Quiver ($10 value): A notebook built for programmers; mix text, code, Markdown and LaTeX within one note, with live preview Markdown and LaTeX.
- Soulver ($12 value): A handy app to help you play around with numbers, more conveniently than a traditional calculator.
- 1Password 1-year Individual Subscription ($36 value): All your passwords and credentials in one, secure location.
- WordPress.com Premium 1-year subscription ($99 value): Create a beautiful website to promote your app with the same awesome software we use for our blog.
- Glyph Designer 2 1-year Subscription ($53 value): Design beautiful fonts for your iOS games.
- Particle Designer 2 ($80 value): Create amazing particle systems for your games with a visual editor designed specifically for Mac OS X.
- Spine ($69 value): Build realistic 2D skeletal animations and easily integrate them into your games.
- RWDevCon ($1499 value): A free ticket to our official raywenderlich.com conference which also gets you into the exclusive pre-conference workshop! Come meet the team for some great hands-on tutorials, inspiration, and fun!
- 360iDev ($799 value): A free ticket to 360iDev 2017 – an awesome conference for app developers!
- Swift Apprentice PDF ($55 value): A book for complete beginners to Apple’s brand new programming language – Swift 3.
- iOS Apprentice PDF ($55 value): Learn how to make iPhone and iPad apps from the ground up, with a series of epic-length tutorials for beginners!
- tvOS Apprentice ($55 value): Learn how to build great-looking interfaces with UI elements designed for the Apple TV experience, monetize your app with in-app purchases, add animations, and more!
- iOS 10 by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Learn about the new APIs in iOS 10 and what’s new in Swift 3!
- watchOS by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Learn about UI controls and layout, the new dock, notifications, Snap, and more!
- Core Data by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Take control of your data in iOS apps using Core Data, Apple’s powerful object graph and persistence framework.
- iOS Animations by Tutorials Second Edition PDF ($55 value): Learn how to make iOS Animations in Swift 3 through a series of hands-on tutorials and challenges.
- 2D Apple Games by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Learn how to make your own iOS and tvOS games using Swift 3 and SpriteKit.
- 3D Apple Games by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Make stunning 3D games in SpriteKit, and learn how to build your own 3D game art!
- Unity Games by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Create 4 complete Unity games from scratch, including a 3D first-person shooter, a twin-stick shooter, a 2D platformer, and a virtual reality tower defense game!
- Plus two more surprise books that we haven’t yet announced on the site! ($110 value)
- 1-year raywenderlich.com Subscription ($180 value): Get full access to our complete catalog of video tutorials – plus get access to a new video tutorial each week!
- raywenderlich.com T-shirt ($25 value): Sport a stylish gray t-shirt with a “Eat, Drink, Swift” design!
Again, a huge thanks goes out to everyone who donated their products and services for the iOS 10 Feast. We couldn’t do this without the generous support of folks like this. These prizes are all amazing resources for developers that come highly recommended.
The Winner Is…
Augh! The anticipation is killing me! The winner of this massive, epic $10,000 prize pack is…
Jason Trimble (@jasontrimble on Twitter)!
Congratulations Jason! We will be in touch shortly to arrange the delivery of your iOS 10 Feast prize pack.
Individual Prize Winners
If you didn’t snag the first place prize, don’t worry — we still have 229 individual prize winners to announce as well!
Once again, anyone who tweeted with the #ios10feast hashtag was automatically entered into our huge draw for individual prizes — and here they are!
How To Claim Your Prize
If you’re a lucky individual prize winner, please email our Feast coordinator Christine with your top 5-10 choices from the list below (in order of most wanted to least wanted).
Christine will then do her best to match you with your preference (keep in mind each prize only has a limited number available). You have 48 hours to claim your prize, otherwise we’ll need to give them away to others (more details on that below).
It’s first come, first serve, so email your choices right away!
- A copy of Paw individual license.
- A free raywenderlich.com PDF book of their choice, and “Eat, Drink, Swift” t-shirt.
- A copy of AppCooker.
- A 1-year GitHub subscription.
- A 1-year GitKraken Pro subscription.
- A copy of Monodraw.
- A copy of Quiver.
- A copy of Zeplin.
- An Axosoft Professional Edition account for 5 users.
- An AppCode 1-year subscription.
- An Avocode 3-month subscription.
- A copy of Briefs.
- A copy of Charles.
- A copy of Color Snapper 2.
- A copy of Core Animator.
- A copy of Focused.
- A Glyph Designer 1-year subscription.
- A copy of Particle Designer 2.
- A copy of Promotee.
- An Buddybuild 1-year team subscription.
- A Applanga 6-month Starter subscription.
- A copy of Base 2.
- A copy of PaintCode.
- A copy of Reveal.
- A copy of Sketch 3.
- A copy of Soulver.
- A copy of Tower 2.
- A WordPress.com Premium 1-year subscription.
- A 1Password 1-year Individual Subscription.
- A copy of Acorn.
- A copy of Affinity Designer.
- A copy of Affinity Photo for Mac.
- A Bitrise Pro 6-month subscription with 2 Concurrencies.
- A Bitrise Pro 1-year subscription with 1 Concurrency.
- A Bitrise Pro 6-month subscription with 1 Concurrency.
- A copy of Dash for macOS.
- A copy of Dash for iOS.
- A copy of Duet.
- A Paw 1-year team license for 5 users.
- A copy of Principle for Mac.
- A shinobicontrols professional bundle 1-year subscription (includes shinobicharts, shinobitoolkit, and shinobiforms).
- A copy of Spine.
As explained above, there is a chance that some of the prizes may go unclaimed, especially with so many winners and so many prizes up for grabs this year!
After 48 hours, we will give any unclaimed prizes away to forum members who post a comment on this thread.
- We’ll give half of the prizes away in order from those with the most overall posts on the raywenderlich.com forums to those with the least posts, in order to reward regular forum members.
- We’ll give the other half away based on whoever submits the funniest or most interesting comments, since we like to LOL ;]
So if you want one last shot at winning, simply post on this thread and who knows — you might get lucky and win an unclaimed prize! :]
Last Day for the iOS 10 Feast Discount!
And that concludes the iOS 10 Feast! We hope you enjoyed everything at the Feast this year — and that you came away stuffed and happy!
Congrats to all of the prize winners, and a huge thank you to everyone who supported us by purchasing our new Swift books, subscribing to our video tutorials, signing up for RWDevCon, or recommending our site. This site is a lot of work, and you are what makes all of this possible.
And don’t forget, today is the last day to use coupon code IOS10FEAST to save on anything in the raywenderlich.com store — don’t miss out.
Thanks to everyone who took part in the iOS 10 Feast this year — we now return you to the regularly scheduled programming at raywenderlich.com!