Well, we didn’t want poor macOS to feel neglected, so we updated a bunch of macOS tutorials too. :]
Today the macOS Team and I are happy to announce that we’ve updated 6 macOS tutorials to Swift 3, and more are on the way! And even better – these updates are free and available today.
Let’s dive in.
macOS Tutorials Updated For Swift 3
- Cocoa Bindings on macOS by Andy Pereira – Cocoa bindings have a simple goal: write less code. Learn how to create links between the model and the view controller with Interface Builder.
- NSOutineView on macOS Tutorial by Jean-Pierre Distler – Discover how to display and interact with hierarchical data on macOS.
- Scanner Tutorial for macOS by Hai Nguyen – Use Scanner to analyze strings from natural form to computer languages. Here you’ll learn how to extract information from emails.
- Command Line Programs on macOS Tutorial by Jean-Pierre Distler – Discover how easy it is to get started making your own terminal-based apps.
- Core Graphics on macOS Tutorial by Ernesto García – Learn how to build a great disc info app for macOS using Core Graphics to draw charts.
- Making a Mac App Scriptable Tutorial by Sarah Reichelt – Allow users to write scripts to control your macOS app – giving it unprecedented usability.
Where to Go From Here?
Even with all of these macOS tutorials that use Swift 3, it’s only the beginning. We’ll be releasing a new macOS tutorial each and every month: fully compatible with Swift 3!
Thanks to all of the authors for updating their tutorials, and thanks to you for reading this site – stay tuned for more new Swift 3 tutorials each and every week.
As always, if there’s something you’d like to see a tutorial for, or if there’s an old favorite tutorial you’d like to see updated, please drop me a note! :]