It’s the iOS 10 release date, and you know what that means: time to party!
This year marks our 6th annual iOS release celebration: the iOS 10 Feast.
The iOS 10 Feast consists of 10 courses:
- Appetizer: Learning Swift 3
- First Course: iOS Apprentice Fifth Edition
- Second course: tvOS Apprentice Second Edition
- Third course: watchOS by Tutorials Second Edition
- Fourth course: Core Data by Tutorials Third Edition
- Fifth course: 2D Apple Games by Tutorials Second Edition
- Sixth course: 3D Apple Games by Tutorials Second Edition
- Seventh course: iOS Animations by Tutorials Third Edition
- Eighth course: iOS 10 by Tutorials
- Ninth Course: Unity Apprentice
- Tenth Course: iOS 10 Feast Giveaway
Plus, we have over $40,000 in giveaways for lucky readers – our biggest giveaway yet!
And right now, we’re offering 10% off anything in the raywenderlich.com store with coupon code IOS10FEAST!
Let’s take a closer look at what’s inside.
Appetizer: Learning Swift 3
Apple unveiled a lot of changes in iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and macOS this year, but there’s one thing that will affect every developer: Swift 3.
Swift 3 includes massive changes: to the Swift language, and the Cocoa APIs it uses. This means that if you’re porting your code to Swift 3, you’re going to need to make a ton of changes!
You may have found it hard to keep track of what’s going on with Swift 3 due to its constant evolution, but don’t worry: we’ve got you covered.
So let’s get this feast started with a tasty treat: Learning Swift 3, raywenderlich.com style!
If you are a beginner to Swift
If you are a beginner to Swift, now is a great time to learn: you can learn Swift 3 from the ground up!
There are two ways to learn Swift 3 at raywenderlich.com:
- If you prefer to learn by books, you should check out the Swift Apprentice. We’re happy to announce that we’ve updated the book for Swift 3, and it is 100% complete and available for download today!
- If you prefer to learn by video, you should check out our new video course Beginning Swift, which walks you through the basics of Swift 3 development. All episodes are available today for raywenderlich.com subscribers.
If you are an experienced Swift developer
If you’re an experienced Swift developer, we understand your time is valuable.
So how about learning Swift 3 in just 3 minutes?
We were planning on releasing this screencast, and three more Swift 3 screencasts, to raywenderlich.com subscribers tomorrow. But how would you like to view them right now?
All you have to do is tweet this post to help get the word out! If you can help us get 199 retweets, we’ll immediately open the doors and let you view those screencasts for free.
Jump-start your Swift 3 learning and click the button below:
First Course: iOS Apprentice Fifth Edition
Is your appetite whetted? Great, then it’s time to start the first course: the iOS Apprentice Fifth Edition!
In this update, Matthijs has completely updated the text and illustrations for Xcode 8, iOS 10, and Swift 3. This will be a free update for existing PDF customers, to thank you for supporting this site.
Did you know that iOS Apprentice was first written for iOS 5, and Matthijs has updated it for every version of iOS since then for free? You can’t beat that value! :]
The iOS Apprentice Fifth Edition will launch on Wednesday, Sep. 21. Enjoy!
Second Course: tvOS Apprentice Second Edition
Guess what: we updated the tvOS Apprentice too!
In the tvOS Apprentice Second Edition, you learn how to make tvOS apps from the ground up, with a series of tutorials for complete beginners. You’ll learn how to make tvOS apps in two different ways: via the traditional method using UIKit, and via the new Client-Server method using TVML.
You’ll learn how to download video and other content and display it in your app, built great-looking interfaces with UI elements designed for the Apple TV experience, monetize your app with in-app purchases, add animations, and much, much more!
The second edition includes some brand new new content:
- A new chapter on PhotoKit (introduced in tvOS 10) to show great Photo Library integrations.
- A new chapter on Multipeer Connectivity (also introduced in tvOS 10) to show how tvOS and iOS apps can better communicate with one another.
- Inclusion of Dark Mode APIs in the UI chapters to show how your interface can better display in low light interfaces.
This is also a free update for existing PDF customers, and will be released Wednesday, Sep 28.
We can’t wait to show you the new edition of the book!
Third Course: watchOS by Tutorials, Second Edition
There’s yet another update to announce — the second edition of watchOS by Tutorials!
watchOS continues to evolve rapidly, and the latest version — watchOS 3 — is no exception. We’ve updated the entire book to show you how to take advantage of all the great stuff in watchOS 3, including working with the digital crown, handling gestures, persist and retrieve data from CloudKit, and more.
We’ve included four new chapters in the second edition:
- Designing Great Watch Apps: Apple has repeatedly emphasized glanceable, actionable, and responsive as the design goal of watchOS 3 apps. From icon design to the new interactivity APIs, make your apps stand out from the rest.
- CloudKit: Learn how to persist and retrieve data with CloudKit and keep your Watch and iPhone synchronized — even when they’re not in range of each other.
- Snapshot API: Glances are out, snapshots are in. Learn how to make your app appear in the new Dock — and update the icon dynamically!
- Digital Crown and Gesture Recognizers: Explore the rich set of physical interactions with the Watch, including the Digital Crown, pan gestures, and force touch!
This is also a free update for existing PDF customers, and will be released on Monday, Oct 3.
We hope you enjoy! :]
Fourth Course: Core Data by Tutorials, Third Edition
Marching right along, we’re pleased to bring you the third edition of Core Data by Tutorials!
Core Data in iOS 10 is all making Core Data easier to learn and use:
- Say goodbye to screenfuls of code just for setting up the Core Data “stack”.
- Say goodbye to generating and maintaining managed object subclasses. Say goodbye to having to tell Swift what type of managed object you’re dealing with.
- Say goodbye to single readers at the persistent store level.
- And say goodbye (a bit sadly) to iCloud support for Core Data, which has been deprecated. Well, it can’t all be good news. ;]
Core Data by Tutorials teaches you everything you need to know about Core Data, starting with the basics like setting up your own Core Data Stack and moving all the way to advanced topics like migration, performance, multithreading, and more.
This is also a free update for existing PDF customers, and will be released on Wednesday, Oct 5. We hope you enjoy! :]
Fifth Course: 2D Apple Games by Tutorials, Second Edition
At WWDC 2016, Apple announced a lot of cool new features to both SpriteKit and Xcode, including built-in tile map support and the ability to run SpriteKit on watchOS. Yes, you read that correctly! :]
These changes were so significant that we decided it would be better to completely revamp 2D Games by Tutorials (again!) — we even included new games!
Here are the highlights of this edition:
- Zombie Conga: Fully updated for Swift 3 and iOS 10. We’ve moved the detail about porting to tvOS to a brand-new section — “Section V: Other Platforms” — to give it a more in-depth treatment.
- Cat Nap: Fully updated for Swift 3 and iOS 10. Again, we’ve moved the tvOS detail to Section V.
- (New!) Pest Control: First introduced in iOS Games by Tutorials, this new and improved version uses the new tile maps features in SpriteKit and covers saving and loading game data.
- Drop Charge: Fully updated for Swift 3 and iOS 10. We’ve taken the GameplayKit features and migrated them out of this version so we can cover them in depth in a future book.
- (New!) Zombie Piranhas: A completely new game specifically designed to teach you how to work with other Apple platforms like macOS, tvOS and watchOS.
- CircuitRacer: Fully updated for Swift 3 and iOS 10 and updated to reflect recent iAd changes.
Current 2D Apple Games by Tutorials PDF customers will receive this as a free update.
2D Apple Games by Tutorials will be released Monday, Oct 10 – get ready to game on! :]
Sixth Course: 3D Apple Games by Tutorials, Second Edition
Creating amazing 3D games is easier than ever, thanks to the advent of SceneKit. The simplicity of SceneKit lets beginners create simple and stylish games in a short amount of time. Yet it’s also powerful enough to satisfy the needs of advanced developers, who want to create the next FPS killer.
We’ve updated the entire book to reflect the new features of SceneKit and brought it fully up to date with iOS 10 and Xcode 8. We’ve added a new chapter dedicated to creating 3D art:
- 3D Art for Programmers: Learn how to create your own voxel art like Mr. Pig!
We’ve also broken out the following three chapters on converting your game from iOS to other platforms to give you more in-depth detail on the process:
- macOS Games: Take your 3D games from the mobile screen to the desktop; learn how to port your games to macOS.
- tvOS Games: See your 3D games on the big screen; learn how to port your games to tvOS.
- watchOS Games: Your favorite games are as close as a flick of the wrist; learn how to port your games to watchOS.
3D Apple Games by Tutorials will be released Wednesday, Oct. 12.
Seventh Course: iOS Animations by Tutorials, Third Edition
Next, we are happy to announce the third edition of Marin Todorov’s popular book: iOS Animations by Tutorials!
iOS Animations by Tutorials teaches you how to make delightful animations in your apps with Swift 3. You start with basic view and layer animations, move all the way through Auto Layout animations, view controller transitions, and even investigate 3D animations.
This is a free update for existing PDF customers — we’re amazed to see how popular this book has become!
iOS Animations by Tutorials Second Edition will be released Wednesday, Oct 19.
Marin and I hope you enjoy the new chapters!
Eighth Course: iOS 10 by Tutorials
We’ve been releasing early access versions of iOS 10 by Tutorials this season, and we hope you’ve had a chance to check out the accompanying screencasts from our own Sam Davies.
We’re gearing up for the final release of iOS 10 by Tutorials, where you’ll learn about the following new features of iOS 10 and Swift 3:
- Migrating to Swift 3: Learn how to migrate your code to Swift 3, including understanding the API naming conventions, updates to Foundation, switching toolchains, and more.
- Message Apps: Learn how to integrate your own functionality into Apple’s messages apps, including sticker packs, collaborative messages, and more.
- SiriKit: Learn how to integrate your apps with Siri, including making an extension, handling the conversation, and providing a custom UI.
- UIView Property Animator: Learn about the new UIView Property Animator API, including using it for basic animations, interactive animations, and view controller transitions.
- Speech Recognizer: Learn about the new speech recognizer that allows you to easily detect speech from within your apps.
- Memory Debugger: Learn about Xcode 8’s powerful new memory debugger that allows you to easily detect and fix retain cycles and other memory problems.
- Other Xcode 8 Improvements: Learn about other handy new features in Xcode 8, such as Auto Layout improvements, the new threading debugger, editor enhancements, and more.
- User Notifications: Learn about the new user notifications API that consolidates remote and local notifications, and new features such as advanced appearance and in-app presentation.
- Photography: Learn about some new features with photography in iOS 10, such as capturing and editing live photos, and advanced photo capture techniques.
- And much, much more: App Transport security changes, UIControl updates, search and proactive improvements, and more.
iOS 10 by Tutorials will be released Wednesday, Oct. 26 — and don’t forget that you’ll get this book for free if you are a raywenderlich.com subscriber!
We’ve enjoyed working on the early releases, and we hope you enjoy the finished product!
Ninth Course: Unity Games by Tutorials
Hopefully you caught our surprise early access launch of Unity Games by Tutorials back at the end of August! If not, check out the early access trailer:
Here’s why Unity is a fantastic platform for game development:
- It’s free to use. If you’re an indie game developer, you can download and start using Unity for free, which is great when you’re just learning.
- It’s cross-platform. With Unity, you make your game once and you can build it for a variety of platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and more.
- It has a visual editor. Unlike other game platforms where you have to type tons of code before you see anything on the screen, with Unity you can simply import an asset and drag and drop. This visual style of development is great for beginners and professionals alike, and makes game development fast and fun.
- Live debugging. With Unity you can click a button to preview your game instantly in the editor, and you can even modify game objects on the fly. For example, you can drag new enemies onto the level as you play it, tweak gameplay values and more, allowing for an iterative game design process.
- Unity is fun! You can think of Unity like a box of LEGO: the only limits are those of your own imagination.
Here’s a brief overview of the book:
- Section I, Hello, Unity!: This section covers everything you need to know to get started with Unity. You’ll learn your way around the UI, how to work with game assets and physics, and create a 3D twin-stick combat game: Bobblehead Wars.
- Section II, First-Person Games: Move on to more complex game development topics, such as adding in-game UI elements, advanced camera techniques and using multiple weapons. In this section, you’ll build a fast-paced first-person shooter: Robot Rampage.
- Section III: Unity 2D Games: Unity makes it easy to build your own classic 2D platformer. You’ll learn how to work with 2D physics, how to build levels with sprites and colliders, how to work with raycasting, animation controllers, and how to store and retrieve player data for your games.
- Section IV, Tower Defense: In this section, you’ll create a 3D tower defense game — Runestrife — with such beautifully-rendered enemies it almost seems a shame to shoot them. Learn how to create a map using 3D tiles, how to craft utility scripts, create waves of enemies, prepare your game for publishing, and even how to play your game in Virtual Reality!
Unity Games by Tutorials will be the final book released as part of the iOS 10 Feast, on Wednesday, Nov. 2.
Dessert: iOS 10 Feast Giveaway
You’re probably so full of iOS 10 goodies by now, but we hope you’ve saved room for just one more thing.
I asked the Tutorial Team to tell us what their favorite development tools are; the ones they use every day and just couldn’t imagine life without. We then asked the teams behind these tools if they’d like to join the Feast on an invite-only basis.
We had a huge response — tons of folks were kind enough to donate copies of their tools and products to join in the celebration, making this the biggest giveaway of iOS development tools we’ve ever done!
The grand prize winner will receive a massive prize pack of 53 prizes split into 13 categories:
Version Control Tools
- GitHub 1-year subscription ($84 value): Build your own projects on GitHub.com and invite collaborators to join you in unlimited private repositories.
- GitKraken Pro 1-year subscription ($60 value): Fantastic Git client; edit your merge conflict output in-app, maintain multiple profiles and more!
- Tower 2 ($79 value): Version control with Git – made easy. In a beautiful, efficient, and powerful app.
- Bitrise Pro 1-year subscription with 2 Concurrencies ($1080 value): iOS Continuous Integration and Delivery for your whole team, with dozens of integrations for your favorite services.
- Buddybuild 1-year team subscription ($1908 value): Buddybuild ties together a continuous integration, continuous delivery and an iterative feedback solution into a single, seamless platform for all your mobile apps.
- Applanga 6-month Starter Subscription ($330 value): Everything you need to make mobile app localization fast and easy.
- shinobicontrols professional bundle 1-year subscription ($1495 value) includes the following:
- ShinobiCharts: Bring your app’s data to life with these professional chart components.
- ShinobiToolkit: An excellent collection of UI controls to enhance your apps with features like Grids, Calendars, Carousels and Gauges.
- ShinobiForms: Tools for building user input forms quickly and easily.
Other Development Tools
- AppCode 1-year subscription ($199 value): A smart IDE for iOS and macOS development.
- Base 2 ($29 value): Create, design, edit and browse SQLite 3 database files. It’s quick to get in to and get the data you need.
- Charles ($50 value): A slick HTTP proxy, monitor and reverse proxy that lets you view all of the HTTP and SSL/HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet.
- Dash for macOS ($30 value): Instant offline access to documentation sets, and extremely handy snippet manager.
- Dash for iOS ($10 value): Mobile offline access to documentation sets.
- Paw 1-year team subscription (up to 5 users) ($500 value): Powerful HTTP API test client that syncs automatically between team members.
- Reveal ($59 value) – A powerful runtime view debugging tool with advanced visualisations, comprehensive inspectors and the ability to modify applications on the fly.
- Acorn 5 ($30 value): An easy to use Mac image editor, designed for humans. With a ton of new features and refinements, you will make beautiful images in Acorn!
- Update 9/16: New prize added! Affinity Designer ($50 value): A 2015 Apple Design Award winner, this innovative illustrator combines vector design and raster finishing naturally in one tool. Put simply, its speed, power and precision make creating art feel fun and spontaneous again!
- Update 9/16: New prize added! Affinity Photo for Mac ($50 value): Apple’s App of the Year 2015, this professional photo editing tool has live retouch tools that work in real time, non-destructive editing, raw processing and end-to-end color management – make beautiful photographs spring to life!
- AppCooker ($30 value): Design apps like a chef – right on your iPad!
- Astropad for iPad ($30 value): Turn your iPad into a graphics tablet!
- Avocode 3-month subscription ($39 value): Got a design? Turn it into code with Avocode. Upload and share your designs; get CSS, export assets, measure and handpick colors.
- Briefs ($10 value): Share your ideas without code. Create prototypes with the animation performance and responsive interaction of a native application.
- ColorSnapper 2 ($9 value): The classic color picker app for designers & developers which makes it easy to collect, adjust, organize and export colors of any pixel on the screen.
- Core Animator ($100 value): Turn your own animations into native iOS code.
- PaintCode 2 ($100 value): PaintCode is a vector drawing app that generates Core Graphics code in real time.
- Principle for Mac ($100 value): Principle makes it easy to create animated and interactive user interface designs!
- Promotee ($10 value): Make your app’s promo art shine using this tool to create slick framed product shots.
- Sketch 3 ($99 value): Vector-based app for designers of all types to create create beautiful, high-quality artwork.
- Zeplin 6-month Growing Business Subscription ($150 value): A tool that makes handing off designs from designers to developers much easier. Generate styleguides, and resources, automatically!
- Duet ($20 value): Lets you use your iDevice as an extra display for your Mac using the Lightning or 30-pin cable. In Retina. At 60 frames per second. Seriously.
- Focused ($30 value): No clutter, no distractions. Just a perfectly crafted set of tools to help you write and stay focused on the task at hand.
- Monodraw ($20 value): A neat tool for creating diagrams, layouts, and flow charts – in ASCII art! :]
- Quiver ($10 value): A notebook built for programmers; mix text, code, Markdown and LaTeX within one note, with live preview Markdown and LaTeX.
- Soulver ($12 value): A handy app to help you play around with numbers, more conveniently than a traditional calculator.
- 1Password 1-year Individual Subscription ($36 value): All your passwords and credentials in one, secure location.
- WordPress.com Premium 1-year subscription ($99 value): Create a beautiful website to promote your app with the same awesome software we use for our blog.
- Glyph Designer 2 1-year Subscription ($53 value): Design beautiful fonts for your iOS games.
- Particle Designer 2 ($80 value): Create amazing particle systems for your games with a visual editor designed specifically for Mac OS X.
- Spine ($69 value): Build realistic 2D skeletal animations and easily integrate them into your games.
- RWDevCon ($1499 value): A free ticket to our official raywenderlich.com conference which also gets you into the exclusive pre-conference workshop! Come meet the team for some great hands-on tutorials, inspiration, and fun!
- Update 9/19: New prize added! 360iDev ($799 value): A free ticket to 360iDev 2017 – an awesome conference for app developers!
- Swift Apprentice PDF ($55 value): A book for complete beginners to Apple’s brand new programming language – Swift 3.
- iOS Apprentice PDF ($55 value): Learn how to make iPhone and iPad apps from the ground up, with a series of epic-length tutorials for beginners!
- tvOS Apprentice ($55 value): Learn how to build great-looking interfaces with UI elements designed for the Apple TV experience, monetize your app with in-app purchases, add animations, and more!
- iOS 10 by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Learn about the new APIs in iOS 10 and what’s new in Swift 3!
- watchOS by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Learn about UI controls and layout, the new dock, notifications, Snap, and more!
- Core Data by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Take control of your data in iOS apps using Core Data, Apple’s powerful object graph and persistence framework.
- iOS Animations by Tutorials Second Edition PDF ($55 value): Learn how to make iOS Animations in Swift 3 through a series of hands-on tutorials and challenges.
- 2D Apple Games by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Learn how to make your own iOS and tvOS games using Swift 3 and SpriteKit.
- 3D Apple Games by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Make stunning 3D games in SpriteKit, and learn how to build your own 3D game art!
- Unity Games by Tutorials PDF ($55 value): Create 4 complete Unity games from scratch, including a 3D first-person shooter, a twin-stick shooter, a 2D platformer, and a virtual reality tower defense game!
- Plus two more surprise books that we haven’t yet announced on the site! ($110 value)
- 1-year raywenderlich.com Subscription ($180 value): Get full access to our complete catalog of video tutorials – plus get access to a new video tutorial each week!
- raywenderlich.com T-shirt ($25 value): Sport a stylish gray t-shirt with a “Eat, Drink, Swift” design!
In total, the grand prize winner will receive over $10,000 in value!
Do you wanna be this guy? Make your first entry into the contest by clicking the button below!
A huge thanks goes out to our sponsors and friends who helped make this massive giveaway possible. Don’t thank us — thank them for putting the community first!
Please be sure to check out their sites — these are the tools and conferences we know and love, and they are must-haves for serious iOS developers.
Note Updated 9/20/16: We have removed the restrictions for the grand prize so now all persons are eligible, not just those based in the US. Plus there’s plenty more prizes to win even if you don’t get the grand prize. Check out the 200+ prizes for other winners listed below! :]
We want to give as many people as possible a chance to win. So in addition to the grand prize winner, we’ll be giving out a bunch of bonus prizes to 229 random retweeters!
- 16 people will win a copy of Paw individual license. ($50 value)
- 15 people will win a free raywenderlich.com PDF book of their choice, and “Eat, Drink, Swift” t-shirt. ($80 value)
- 15 people will win a copy of AppCooker. ($30 value)
- 15 people will win a 1-year GitHub subscription. ($84 value)
- 15 people will win a 1-year GitKraken Pro subscription. ($60 value)
- 15 people will win a copy of Monodraw. ($20 value)
- 15 people will win a copy of Quiver. ($10 value)
- 15 people will win a copy of Zeplin. ($150 value)
- 9 people will win an Axosoft Professional Edition account for 5 users. ($480 value)
- 7 people will win an AppCode 1-year subscription. ($199 value)
- 7 people will win an Avocode 3-month subscription. ($39 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Briefs. ($10 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Charles. ($50 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Color Snapper 2. ($9 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Core Animator. ($100 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Focused. ($30 value)
- 7 people will win a Glyph Designer 1-year subscription. ($53 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Particle Designer 2. ($80 value)
- 7 people will win a copy of Promotee. ($10 value)
- 4 people will win an Buddybuild 1-year team subscription. ($1908 value)
- 3 people will win a Applanga 6-month Starter subscription. ($330 value)
- 3 people will win a copy of Base 2. ($29 value)
- 3 people will win a copy of PaintCode. ($100 value)
- 3 people will win a copy of Reveal. ($59 value)
- 3 people will win a copy of Sketch 3. ($99 value)
- 3 people will win a copy of Soulver. ($12 value)
- 3 people will win a copy of Tower 2. ($79 value)
- 3 people will win a WordPress.com Premium 1-year subscription. ($99 value)
- 3 people will win a 1Password 1-year Individual Subscription. ($36 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Acorn. ($30 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Affinity Designer. ($50 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Affinity Photo for Mac. ($50 value)
- 1 person will win a Bitrise Pro 6-month subscription with 2 Concurrencies. ($600 value)
- 1 person will win a Bitrise Pro 1-year subscription with 1 Concurrency. ($540 value)
- 1 person will win a Bitrise Pro 6-month subscription with 1 Concurrency. ($300 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Dash for macOS. ($30 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Dash for iOS. ($10 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Duet. ($20 value)
- 1 team will win a Paw 1-year team license for 5 users. ($500 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Principle for Mac. ($100 value)
- 1 person will win a shinobicontrols professional bundle 1-year subscription (includes shinobicharts, shinobitoolkit, and shinobiforms). ($1495 value)
- 1 person will win a copy of Spine. ($69 value)
That’s a ton of winners — 229 in total — so you have a lot of chances to win. This makes for over $40,000 in value of awesome loot to win!
To be eligible for this epic giveaway, all you have to do is send one or more tweets during the iOS 10 Feast with the #ios10feast hashtag.
You can retweet posts with this hashtag (including this one!) or just send general comments. It’s OK to submit as many tweets as you like (as long as you aren’t spamming of course!) We will choose random winners from all of the tweets marked with the #ios10feast hashtag, and they’ll get the epic loot!
Want to make your first entry? Just tweet this post with the #ios10feast hashtag by clicking the button below!
The random drawing will be in 8 weeks, when the iOS 10 Feast is complete. So make your entries early and often! :]
iOS 10 Feast Month
In addition to the book releases, over the next eight weeks we’ll be releasing a few sample chapters from the books so you can check them out if you haven’t already.
Here’s the full release schedule for your convenience:
- Week of 9/12: Swift Apprentice Second Edition book launch; Beginning Swift 3 Video Tutorial Series
- Week of 9/19: iOS Apprentice Fifth Edition book launch
- Week of 9/26: tvOS Apprentice Second Edition book launch; tvOS 10 tutorial series
- Week of 10/3: watchOS by Tutorials Second Edition book launch; Core Data by Tutorials Third Edition book launch; watchOS 3 tutorial series; Core Data tutorial series
- Week of 10/10: 2D Apple Games by Tutorials Second Edition book launch; 3D Games by Tutorials book launch; 2D Apple Games tutorial; 3D Apple Games tutorial series
- Week of 10/17: iOS Animations by Tutorials Third Edition book launch; iOS Animation tutorial series
- Week of 10/24: iOS 10 by Tutorials book launch; iOS 10 tutorial series
- Week of 10/31: Unity Games by Tutorials book launch
Be sure to check back throughout the feast for new books, video tutorial series or our popular free tutorials!
Where To Go From Here?
If WWDC this year was like Christmas for iOS devs, then this has gotta be our Thanksgiving! :]
To sum it all up, here’s what you need to know:
- Want some Swift 3 screencasts right now? Retweet this post; if it reaches 199 tweets, we’ll release the screencasts for free right away!
- Want tons of new tutorials? Come back here each week for the next two months for new tutorials, books, or video tutorial series on iOS 10, tvOS 10, watchOS 3, and Swift 3!
- Want to meet the team and fellow readers in-person? Sign up for RWDevCon: The Tutorial Conference for some hands-on iOS 10, Swift 3, tvOS, and watchOS tutorials – before tickets sell out!
- Want to win some mad loot? Send one or more tweets during the next two months with the #ios10feast hashtag!
- Want to learn about iOS 10, watchOS, tvOS, Unity, and Swift 3? Check out our new official store – the new books and bundles are up!
- Want a discount on anything in the store? Just use coupon code IOS10FEAST at checkout and save 10%! But hurry, this code is only good during the iOS 10 Feast!
The Tutorial Team and I hope you enjoy this feast, and that you’re fat and happy by the end!
Stay tuned for a bunch of great iOS 10 and Swift 3 tutorials, and if you have any questions or comments about the iOS 10 Feast, please join the forum discussion below!