Good news – the second early access release of iOS 10 by Tutorials is now available!
This release has 6/14 chapters ready:
- Chapter 2: Xcode 8 Debugging Improvements (NEW!): Learn about the powerful new debugging tools in Xcode 8, including the new Thread Sanitizer and Memory Graph Debugger.
- Chapter 4: Beginning Message Apps: Learn how to create your own sticker pack for Messages – with a custom user interface.
- Chapter 5: Intermediate Message Apps: Learn how to send custom, updatable messages, by creating a simple picture drawing and guessing game integrated into Messages.
- Chapter 8: User Notifications: Learn how to use the new iOS 10 User Notifications framework, and create Notification Content extensions and Notification Service app extensions.
- Chapter 9: UIView Property Animator (NEW!): Learn about a new way of animating in iOS 10, which allows you to easily pause, reverse, and scrub through animations part-way through.
- Chapter 10: Measurements and Units (NEW!): Learn about some new Foundation classes that help you work with measurements and units in an easy and type-safe way.
let cycleRide = Measurement(value: 25, unit: UnitLength.kilometers) let swim = Measurement(value: 3, unit: UnitLength.nauticalMiles) let marathon = Measurement(value: 26, unit: UnitLength.miles) + Measurement(value: 385, unit: UnitLength.yards)
This is the second of many early access releases for the book – stay tuned for some more early access releases soon!
iOS 10 by Tutorials Screencasts
As you probably know, in addition to making the book this year, we are also covering the content in screencast form! That way, you can choose how you prefer to learn: either written or video form.
To celebrate the second early access release of the book, we’re releasing another free iOS 10 screencast so you can see what they’re like.
This free screencast is on Measurements and Units, which covers the new classes in Foundation that make working with measurements much easier and less error prone. Enjoy!
Where to Go From Here?
Here’s how you can get your hands on the early access release of the book:
- If you’re a raywenderlich.com subscriber, good news – you get free access while you are subscribed! Just visit your My Loot page to download the second early access release of the book (v0.2) immediately.
If you haven’t subscribed to raywenderlich.com yet, you should subscribe! You will get access to the book, the screencasts, and access to our entire video tutorial library.
Now’s a great time to subscribe because we’re currently running a special launch celebration for our new videos site. Subscribe for a monthly subscription by next Tuesday, Aug 23 to get 50% off your first month with the following coupon code: RW1MV
- If you just want the book, you can buy the book separately. This includes permanent access to the book, including early access versions and updates (but no screencasts or videos).
Thanks again to all raywenderlich.com subscribers – you are what makes this site possible. We hope you enjoy the iOS 10 book and screencasts – and stay tuned for more early access releases soon! :]