Good news – the first early access release of iOS 10 by Tutorials is now available!
This release has 3/14 chapters ready:
- Chapter 4: Beginning Message Apps: Learn how to create your own sticker pack for Messages – with a custom user interface.
- Chapter 5: Intermediate Message Apps: Learn how to send custom, updatable messages, by creating a simple picture drawing and guessing game integrated into Messages.
- Chapter 8: User Notifications: Learn how to use the new iOS 10 User Notifications framework, and create Notification Content extensions and Notification Service app extensions.
This is the first of many early access releases for the book – stay tuned for some more early access releases soon!
iOS 10 by Tutorials Screencasts
As you probably know, in addition to making the book this year, we are also covering the content in screencast form! That way, you can choose how you prefer to learn: either written or video form.
To celebrate the first early access release of the book, we’re releasing a free iOS 10 screencast so you can see what they’re like.
The free screencast is on the iOS 10 Thread Sanitizer, which makes finding, diagnosing, and fixing threading issues much easier. Enjoy!
Where to Go From Here?
Here’s how you can get your hands on the early access release of the book:
- If you’re a raywenderlich.com subscriber, good news – you get free access while you are subscribed! Just visit your My Loot page to download the first early access release of the book (v0.1) immediately.
- If you haven’t subscribed to raywenderlich.com yet, you should subscribe now! You will get access to the book, the screencasts, and access to our entire video tutorial library with over 500 videos.
- If you just want the book, you can buy the book separately. This includes permanent access to the book, including early access versions and updates (but no screencasts or videos).
Thanks again to all raywenderlich.com subscribers – you are what makes this site possible. We hope you enjoy the iOS 10 book and screencasts – and stay tuned for more early access releases soon! :]