Do you like making games with any of Apple’s Game Frameworks, like Sprite Kit, Scene Kit, GameplayKit or Metal?
Do you think zombies are wildly fantastic?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may have the makings of either an author or tech editor extraordinaire! But not just any author or tech editor — a Ray Wenderlich Apple Game Frameworks author or tech editor.
That’s right! We’re looking for great new authors and tech editors to join our team. Want to know more? Keep reading to find out what’s involved, and how to apply!
Why Join Our Team?
Here are the top 5 reasons to join the Apple Game Frameworks Tutorial Team:
- Learning. You’ll always be learning something new — and will have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer, writer and person. The best part… you’ll make a lot of new friends along the way.
- Money! Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities. Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, speaking at our conference, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- You’ll Make a Difference. We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own game. This means a lot to us, and makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff! And as a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a lot of free stuff! You’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site — over $1,000 in value!
Requirements and How to Apply
Here are the requirements:
- You must be an experienced SpriteKit, SceneKit, or Metal developer.
- You should be a great writer with fluent English writing skills.
- You should be comfortable learning brand new topics that you’ve never done before, which are either not documented or poorly documented.
- You should have a strong work ethic — this will be a significant time commitment and is not easy.
To apply, send our Apple Game Frameworks Team Lead, Tammy Coron, an email (that’s me!). Be sure to include the following information:
- Why do you want to be an Apple Game Frameworks author or tech editor?
- Please tell me a little bit about yourself and your experience.
- What is the best game you’ve made or worked on using Apple Game Frameworks, and why are you proud of the work you did on this game? [Please include link]
- Please link to any examples of technical writing you’ve done in the past.
- Please include links to: your GitHub account, your StackOverflow account and your Twitter account.
If you’re applying to be an author, you’ll be required to write a sample tutorial to gauge your writing skills. If you’re applying to be a tech editor, you’ll be given a tech editor tryout which will gauge your editing skills.
If you pass the tryout, you’re in!
Now’s The Time
Don’t sit on the sidelines waiting for the zombies to bite. Tryout for the team. Use your brain and share your knowledge!
Now what are you waiting for? Send me that email because the Apple Game Frameworks Team and I look forward to creating some great tutorials with you! :]