As you might know, this site is a community effort of over 100 part-time authors and editors, who team up to write high quality tutorials and books.
But you might not know that we also have 6 full-time employees too. Our job is to keep things running smoothly, create video tutorials, and to run our annual conference, RWDevCon.
Today, we are happy to announce an opportunity for a new full-time position: Front-End Designer/Developer at raywenderlich.com!
If you are a great designer with some front-end skills or know someone who is, keep reading to find out what’s involved!
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as our a front-end designer with some developer skills, to help make a major overhaul of this site.
This is a great chance to work on a green-field project with some great developers using lots of exciting new tech, and to take an already popular site to the next level! :]
Better yet – our team is distributed, so you can work remotely from the comfort of your own home – from anywhere in the world.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong Design skills
- Strong U/X skills
- Able to create mockups of websites in design tool of your choice (sketch / photoshop / framer.js etc)
- Experience building front-end web apps
- Strong HTML5 skills
- Strong CSS3 skills
- Strong JS skills
- Good understanding of responsive web design
- Good understanding of front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, etc
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Detail oriented and highly organized. We are a small company with a lot to do, so you should be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks at any given time, and stay very organized.
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Friendly personality. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and open bunch, and this is especially important because you will be frequently interacting with customers and external team members.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast – who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow?
- Bonus items! Bonus if you like Apple products, video games, board games, zombies, and/or know what the word “chuffed” means – you’ll fit right in! :]
Razeware is the company behind this site. We’re passionate about learning new development skills, and teaching others what we’ve learned through high quality, hands-on tutorials.
We are a small company that has been profitable for over 6 years. Currently we have just 6 full-time employees, so you’d be getting in on the ground floor.
We’re also a 100% distributed company: everyone works from their own home or office, whether it be Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut, or England. We make heavy use of Trello, Slack, Google Hangouts, and email for team communication.
We have a ton of great benefits, such as:
- Remote working!
- Health insurance and 401K match (US only)
- Generous PTO – plus 1-week company-wide Christmas vacation
- Competitive salary
- Professional development (conferences & training)
- Free trip to our annual conference – RWDevCon
Our site is helping millions of developers across the world make apps, further their careers, and fulfill lifelong dreams. If you’re passionate about helping our small but highly motivated team take this to the next level, this is the job for you.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please help spread the word about this post – we really appreciate it.
We look forward to hearing from you! :]