We’re looking for several experienced iOS developers to join our Tutorial Team as authors. If you’re an experienced iOS developer, and haven’t applied within six months, then you may be just who we’re looking for. We’ll select the top candidates to move on to the tryout round.
What are the Description and Time Commitments?
Author: Authors focus on writing new high quality articles, and updating existing articles. We prefer to write about topics of interest to a wide audience – especially on particularly hot topics such as SwiftUI, demonstrating brand new APIs, cool techniques, and more.
If you love learning new things and teaching people about them, then this role may be for you.
* Time commitment: about 3-4 articles every year.
- Experienced iOS Developer.
- You should be a good writer with very fluent English writing skills. Ideally, you have experience writing about technical topics in English.
- You should be comfortable learning about brand new topics that you’ve never done before; some of which may be poorly documented or not documented at all.
- You should have a strong work ethic because this will be a significant time commitment and you must be able to deliver on deadline.
- We’re a group of over 400 elite developers from around the world, who team up to create the highest quality articles on the Internet. We’re always looking for talented developers to join our team, and we’d love for you to be a part! :]
- Learning: You’ll always be learning something new — and you’ll have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer and writer, but the best part is that you’ll make a lot of new friends who are also passionate about iOS along the way.
- Money: Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities: Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- Recognition: Each article lists the contributors at the bottom of the article with a link to your profile, giving you great exposure. This is great to add to your resume.
- Make a Difference: We get emails every day about how our articles help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own game. This means a lot to us, and it makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff: As a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site. This is over $2000 in value!
What are the Requirements?
Why Join our Team?
What is the Tryout Process Like?
Author: You’ll be asked to write a short sample article to gauge your writing and iOS skills. Pass that stage, and you’ll then work on a full article to complete the tryout process.
How to Apply
If you want to apply, email me (email@example.com) and send your resume and a link to your LinkedIn page. Please include a couple of examples of tech writing you’ve done.
Where to Go From Here?
It’s a great time to join the iOS team. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by — come join us! Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) today and I’ll get you started.