Happy holidays! As an early Christmas present, the tvOS Apprentice team and I are happy to announce that the first early access version of the book is now available.
This first early access release has 7/28 chapters ready:
- Chapter 1, Architecture: The architecture chapter is the introduction to the technology behind Apple TV apps. This chapter will be your guide to help you decide your path through the rest of the book.
- Chapter 8, Hello, Traditional App: Learn how to set up a basic “Hello World” app using native libraries in Swift.
- Chapter 9, Basic Controls: Learn the basic controls your users can use to interact with your apps.
- Chapter 17, Beginning Video Playback: One of the most common requirements for Apple TV apps will be to play video – learn how to do that here!
- Chapter 20, Beginning CloudKit: Learn how to use CloudKit on tvOS to store your app’s data.
- Chapter 24, tvOS Design: Learn how to design your apps to fit in well with the tvOS ecosystem.
- Chapter 25, Creating Layered Images: Shows how to create a new kind of image specifically for the TV.
This is the first of many early access releases for the book – stay tuned for some more early access releases soon!
Where To Go From Here?
Here’s how you can get your early access release of the book:
- If you preordered the tvOS Apprentice: You can download the early access release immediately on your My Loot page.
- If you don’t have the book yet: What are you waiting for – preorder the book now, get early access, and save $10 off the final price! :]
The recent release of tvOS brings tons of new opportunities for developers, and you’ll want to be prepared to make the most of it.
Prepare yourself for your own private tour on making tvOS apps – from beginning to advanced. Jerry, Eric, Sam, Evan, Joshua, Michael, Kelvin, Julien, Mike and I hope you enjoy the book!