As part of this year’s iOS 9 Feast, we are releasing a new video tutorial series every Thursday.
This week, we are happy to release a brand new video tutorial series – Testing in iOS by Greg Heo!
Unit testing lets you prove the correctness of your code. You can ensure your objects work as intended, prevent bugs from reappearing, and new in Xcode 7—automatically test parts of your UI.
In this series, Greg demonstrates the basics of the XCTest framework. You’ll learn how to write unit tests to ensure an interface works as expected, then move on to test asynchronous tasks and performance tests.
In the final two videos, you’ll learn how to write user interface tests, both manually and using the new recording features.
All 7 parts of the series are available today. You can check them out here:
- Testing in iOS: Series Introduction (3:40) [Free]
- Testing in iOS Part 1: Unit Testing Basics (10:58) [Free]
- Testing in iOS Part 2: Asynchronous Tasks & Mocks (8:36) [Subscribers Only]
- Testing in iOS Part 3: Performance Tests & Code Coverage (7:58) [Subscribers Only]
- Testing in iOS Part 4: UI Testing Basics (12:10) [Subscribers Only]
- Testing in iOS Part 5: UI Testing & Recording (11:19) [Subscribers Only]
- Testing in iOS Part 6: Conclusion (3:57) [Subscribers Only]
We hope you enjoy this new video tutorial series, and thanks for subscribing! :]