It’s the final week for our Learn at Home sale, where you can get all books at 50% off — and also take advantage of our great iOS and Android bundles to save even more!
50% Off All Books
To help you build your development skills and save a little of your hard-earned money, all of the books in our online store are now on sale for 50% off!
Maybe you’re looking to get started with developing for in iOS or Android; perhaps you’re looking to level up your skills with mobile architecture, testing, or reactive programming; or it could be you’re looking to .
Whatever your needs, we’ve got you covered. And now you can sharpen your skills and grow your career in the industry for less, with 50% off each and every book in our online store.
And don’t forget, any future updates to existing books are free for digital edition customers. It’s a small way to thank you for being a supporter our books.
iOS & Swift and Android & Kotlin Book Bundles
All bundles include brand-new books, as well as our most popular books covering advanced iOS and Android skills!
iOS and Swift Learn At Home Book Bundle
Our Advanced iOS & Swift Learn At Home bundle is designed for the advanced iOS developer who already knows the basics and is looking to stay at the top of their game.
This book bundle includes three, brand-new books, along with our top two books for advanced iOS developers:
- Auto Layout by Tutorials, First Edition (new!)
- App Design Apprentice, First Edition (pre-order!)
- Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials, First Edition (new!)
- Machine Learning by Tutorials, Second Edition (updated chapters!)
- Mastering Git First Edition (new chapters!)
The cost to buy these books separately is $279.95, but you can get all five advanced iOS books for just $99.99. (That’s 64% off — you save over $150!).
If you’re serious about growing your career as an iOS developer, or you are thinking about moving from another platform to iOS, there’s no better way to position yourself as an expert in the iOS field.
Advanced Android & Kotlin Learn At Home Bundle
Our Advanced Android & Kotlin Learn At Home bundle has five books designed to grow your skills as an advanced Android developer:
- App Design Apprentice, First Edition (pre-order!)
- Mastering Git, First Edition (new chapters!)
- Advanced Android App Architecture, First Edition
- Kotlin Coroutines by Tutorials, First Edition
- Reactive Programming with Kotlin, First Edition
The cost to buy these books separately is $279.95, but you can get all five advanced Android books for just $99.99. (That’s 64% off and over $150 in savings!)
The Android and Kotlin world moves fast, and you don’t want to get left behind. There’s no better time to grow your library — and your career — with the advanced Android & Kotlin Learn At Home bundle.
New Books On Sale
As a reminder, we’ve also put all of our new books on sale:
Auto Layout by Tutorials
While it may seem daunting at first, Auto Layout is an elegant solution to making your user interfaces flexible and adaptable without thousands of lines of code that are both difficult to understand and troublesome to maintain.
This book will be your guide as you explore and master the many capabilities Auto Layout provides.
What’s inside Auto Layout by Tutorials:
- Interface Builder: Learn to use Interface Builder to construct and maintain your user interfaces.
- Stack Views & Scroll Views: Learn how these special view types interact with Auto Layout and how best to utilize them in your apps.
- Self-Sizing Views: Discover how to make your user interface dynamically adapt to its content.
- Animating Constraints: See how to animate your Auto Layout constraints to provide feedback, focus user attention and improve navigation.
- Adaptive Layout: Learn to use Auto Layout to make adjustments for screen size, orientation, Dynamic Type size and more.
- Resolving Common Issues: Discover how to investigate when things go awry and learn how to resolve Auto Layout conflicts.
After reading this book, you’ll be prepared to harness the full power of Auto Layout in all of your apps!
This book is 100% complete and available now. And it’s on sale for just $29.99 — that’s 50% off!
Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials
Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials! is the easiest and fastest way to get hands-on experience using Apple AR frameworks and technologies like Reality Composer, RealityKit, and ARKit.
Augmented reality is going to be the next big thing — there’s absolutely no doubt about it. If you want to build realistic and immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform, this book is your golden ticket.
Our older book, ARKit by Tutorials, is a collection of ARKit-specific projects for creating various real-world AR experiences. It’s also important to point out that, in that book, there’s a focus around SceneKit as the primary rendering technology.
Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials was developed after Apple announced RealityKit and Reality Composer. Instead of just focusing on one rendering technology, the book focuses on all the available rendering technologies Apple has to offer. This not only includes the new RealityKit, but also SceneKit and SpriteKit too. The book includes a collection of fresh new projects for creating various real-world AR experiences.
This book is a successor to ARKit by Tutorials, not an update to that book. Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials provides the readers with a single, unified path to all of Apple’s available AR technologies that includes ARKit, RealitKit and Reality Composer.
Topics covered in Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials:
- AR Quick Look: Discover how to integrate AR Quick Look into your apps to give them some cool AR superpowers.
- Reality Composer & Reality Files: Find out how to leverage the power of Reality Composer to create interactive AR-based experiences.
- Reality Converter & PBR Materials: Discover how PBR materials can add a level of realism to your AR objects, and how you can use Reality Converter to convert, view and customize USDZ content.
- RealityKit: Find out how to set up and use RealityKit to build a face-based augmented reality app.
- Facial Blend Shapes: Build a fully interactive augmented reality face mask that reacts to your facial expressions using blend shapes.
- ARKit: Get a complete introduction to ARKit, Apple’s framework for creating fully interactive augmented reality, and learn about the different types of rendering options available with ARKit.
- Raycasting & Physics: Learn about raycasting, 2D hit-testing and the SpriteKit physics engine as you add more features and functionality to your game.
- ECS & Collaborative Experiences: Build a collaborative AR experience and learn how to create and manage a multipeer connection.
After reading this book, you’ll have a deep understanding of the technologies and frameworks used to create powerful, immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
This book is available as part of our early access program; when you buy the book now, you’ll receive a free update when the book is available in full! Get it now for just $29.99 — that’s 50% off!
App Design Apprentice
App Design Apprentice Helps you learn modern app design with Figma! This book is your guide through designing modern mobile apps using fundamental design principles.
If designing better UI and UX for mobile apps sounds difficult and time-consuming, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Topics covered in App Design Apprentice:
- Figma: Learn the basics of a modern design tool.
- App Teardowns: Analyze and pick out the best parts of other well-designed apps.
- Wireframes: Explore what makes good app user flows.
- Reusable Components: Learn to create and use reusable components such as buttons and toolbars.
- Typography: Basics for communicating hierarchy, order, and emphasis.
- Color: How to create visual styles and palettes.
- Transitions & Animations: Create different transitions between screens to communicate relationships.
- Design Systems: Best practices for creating good app experience in each ecosystem.
By the end of this book, you’ll have the knowledge needed to design modern mobile apps that are functional and look good, no matter what platform you’re developing for.
This book is available as part of our pre-order program; when you buy the book now, you’ll be the first to receive the free upgrade to the full edition it when it’s completed this Fall!
Get it now for just $19.99 — that’s 50% off!
We’ve created a special FAQ page devoted to the Learn At Home Sale, to answer any questions you might have:
Where to Go From Here?
Here’s a recap of our Learn At Home Sale:
- Advanced iOS & Swift Bundle for just $99.99: Save big with our Advanced iOS & Swift Bundle, containing our three newly announced books and two other must-haves for your development library for just $99.99 (64% off)!
- Advanced Android & Kotlin Bundle for just $99.99: Learn more for less with Advanced Android & Kotlin Bundle, containing two of our newly announced books and three of our most popular Android books for just $99.99 (64% off)!
- 50% of all single books: Visit our store page to see everything that’s on sale, including 50% off all of our individual books!
The sale ends Friday, June 19, 2020 — don’t miss out on our best deals of the summer.
From all of us on the raywenderlich.com team, thank you for your support! :]