The raywenderlich.com Tutorial Team is known for making the highest quality tutorials available online. It’s awesome how far we’ve come, but we think we can do even better!
To help us raise the quality level of our tutorials even further, and expand beyond just iOS tutorials, we are splitting our Tutorial Team into 4 new sub-teams:
- iOS: Tutorials on iOS topics in Swift.
- Android: Tutorials on Android topics in Kotlin.
- Unity: Tutorials on Unity topics in C#.
- Unreal Engine: Tutorials on Unreal Engine topics in Blueprints and C++.
As such, we are looking for great new authors and editors to join our team. Keep reading to find out what’s involved, and how to apply!
Why Join Our Team?
Here are the top 10 reasons to join the Tutorial Team:
- Learning. You’ll always be learning something new – and will have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer, writer, and person, and make a lot of new friends along the way.
- Eyeballs. This site gets a lot of traffic – over 3 million pageviews per month and growing. When you publish a tutorial here, it will get read a lot, and people will love you for it.
- Tutorial Polish. When you submit a tutorial to raywenderlich.com, we will personally work with you to polish your tutorials to a high level of quality. In the end, your tutorial will look much better than when you first submitted it, making you look really good! :]
- Writing Training. When we are done editing your tutorial, we will send you detailed feedback on how you can improve your tutorials in the future. This will help make you a better developer and writer.
- Personal Exposure. Your picture and bio will be prominently featured on your tutorials and multiple other places on the site. Many team members have gotten full-time jobs at top-tier companies, in part because of the exposure they got on this site.
- Money! Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities. Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, speaking at our conference, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects, and much more.
- Contracting Opportunities. Members of the Tutorial Team share contracting opportunities we hear about to the rest of the team – a great way to find out about more work.
- You’ll Make a Difference. We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first app, get their dream job, or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own game. This means a lot to us and makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff! And as a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you will get a lot of free stuff! You’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site – over $1,000 in value!
Requirements and How to Apply
Here are the requirements:
- You must be an advanced-level developer.
- You should be a great writer with fluent English writing skills.
- You should be comfortable learning brand new topics that you have never done before, which are either not documented or poorly documented.
- You should have a strong work ethic – this will be a significant time commitment and is not easy.
To apply, simply send me an email with the following details:
- Why do you want to join the Tutorial Team?
- Which team are you most interested in joining: iOS, Android, Unity, or Unreal Engine?
- Please tell me a little bit about yourself and your experience.
- What is the best app/game you’ve made or worked on, and why are you proud of the work you did on this app/game? [Please include link]
- Please link to any examples of technical writing you have done in the past.
- Please include links to: your GitHub account, your StackOverflow account, your Twitter account.
For the applicants that look most promising, we will give you a tryout for the team of your choice. If you pass the tryout, you’re in!
Now’s The Time
If you’ve ever been thinking about joining the Tutorial Team in the past, this is the best chance there’s ever been:
- Tons of openings: With this restructuring, we are looking to bring tons of new people to the team, so your chance to get in are higher than ever.
- Get in on the ground floor: You’ll also be getting in on the ground floor with our brand new teams, which will bring some exciting opportunities to team members.
So don’t delay – apply today – and please help us spread the word about this to others! :]