Interested in taking in some classic conference-style talks, where you can watch a presenter and ask some questions in a live Q&A?
RW Talks cover high-interest topics in the mobile development community. They’re held on a weekly basis, and are 100% free for anyone to attend.
What Are RW Talks About?
These talks range from the deeply technical, to the inspirational and motivational. They’re exactly like conference talks — but in an online format instead!
You can interact with the speakers via Q&A on the livestream, and there will be a recording released later, if you can’t make it to the live session.
What Is the Schedule of RW Talks?
Here’s the schedule of upcoming talks in the next few weeks; click the links to register for any you’re interested in:
- Jun 3: Everything You (Never) Wanted to Know about Making Coffee at Home by Marin Benčević: [REGISTER]
- Jun 10: Writing Reliable Tests in iOS by Mani Ramezan: [REGISTER]
- Jun 17: MVVM Structure with Android Architecture Components by Evana Margain Puig: [REGISTER]
- Jun 24: Event driven programming in Swift; Let’s create a chatbot! by Jari Koopman: [REGISTER]
- Jul 1: You’re Not As Good As You Think You Are by David Sherline: [REGISTER]
- Jul 8: Building UIs in Android using Jetpack Compose by Dean Djermanović: [REGISTER]
- Jul 15: Building Immersive AR Experiences with RealityKit by Ethan Saadia: [REGISTER]
- Jul 29: Building SwiftUI Apps with Firebase by Peter Friese: [REGISTER]
- …and more to come!
We’ll be running these weekly until Aug 12 — stay tuned as we’ll be announcing more sessions of RW Talks in the near future!
Will The Talks Be Recorded?
Yes! We record all talks and post the videos on our site afterwards.
Here are the videos for RW Talks we have had so far:
- How To Run A Remote Company by Ray Wenderlich
- The Future of Mobile: Android/iOS, Flutter, and Native by Kevin Moore, Kevin Galligan, Nishant Srivastava, and Joe Howard
- How To Build a SwiftUI Framework… and make it work with Swift Package Manager, Cocoapods, and Carthage! by David Okun
- Increase Your Product Quality Through Accessibility by Victoria Gonda
Open Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in giving a talk, we are currently accepting proposals for talk topics!
To submit a talk proposal, please email me with answers to the following questions:
- Please tell me a little about yourself.
- Why are you interested in giving this talk?
- Please describe your talk in a way that makes it seem catchy to a prospective attendee.
- What style is your talk? (Choose an option from the list below.)
- A standard technical talk like at a mobile conference, on a mobile development topic
- An interactive tutorial meant for students to follow along with, like RWDevCon live tutorials
- An inspiration talk like TED talks, or RWDevCon inspiration talks
- A presentation on a topic of interest, even if it’s non-technical like remote working or technical writing tips
- An interactive workshop with student engagement and breakout sessions
- How long will you talk be?
- When would you ideally like to give your talk?
RW Talks Host
RW Talks is hosted by Dru Freeman, who you may recognize as the Lead Host of the raywenderlich.com podcast: