iOS 5 by Tutorials
Get up to date quickly with the APIs introduced in iOS 5!
Who is This Book For?
This book are for intermediate or advanced iOS developers, who already know the basics of iOS development but want to learn the APIs introduced in iOS 5.
If you’re a complete beginner, you can follow along with this book because the tutorials are always in a step-by-step process, but there may be some missing gaps in your knowledge. You might want to go through the iOS Apprentice Series before you go through this book.
Fully Up to Date
This new third edition of iOS 5 by Tutorials is fully up-to-date for iOS 7 and Xcode 5.
iOS 5 by Tutorials
Master the important APIs introduced with iOS 5! You will learn about ARC, Storyboards, iCloud, GLKit, UIKit Customization, Core Image, Turn-Based Gaming, Newsstand, UIPageViewController, and more!
This is a huge book! It covers the following topics:
- ARC: Learn how to successfully migrate to ARC – and worry a lot less about memory management.
- Storyboards: Learn how to make your apps more quickly with the new Storyboards feature.
- iCloud: Learn how to store your app’s data in the cloud and share across devices.
- GLKit: Learn how to use GLKit to make OpenGL ES 2.0 programming much easier.
- Newsstand: Learn how to make a magazine-style app that is integrated with the new Newsstand app.
- UIPageViewController: Learn how to make your view controllers transition with page curls.
- Turn-Based Gaming: Learn how to make turn-based games easily with the new Game Center API.
- Core Image: Learn how to use the new Core Image framework to apply filters to your app’s images.
- View Controller Containment: Learn how to contain view controllers inside others – the right way.
- Working with JSON in iOS 5: Learn how to use the new built-in JSON parsing and writing support.
- UIKit Particle Systems: Learn how to make neat particle effects in UIKit.
- Using the iOS Dictionary: Learn how to integrate the iOS 5 dictionary directly in your apps.
- New AddressBook APIs: Learn about the new social profile, vCards, and more.
- New Location APIs: Learn how forward and reverse geocoding just got a lot easier.
- New Game Center APIs: Learn about the new notification banner, player photos, and more.
- New Calendar APIs: Learn about the new calendar chooser and custom calendars.
By the time you’re finished reading this book, you’ll know all the important things introduced in iOS 5, and you’ll be ready to use these new technologies right away in your apps!
What people are saying
“This is the most practical iOS development book I ever read. It’s easy to follow and a pleasure reading journey.”
“The iOS by tutorials series has become an essential part of my code bank and is often the first point of contact when looking to implement a technology due to its usage of the most modern Objective-C techniques.”
“A great resource that carefully integrates source code and programming concepts. Great for developers at every level. Shows and discusses differences in API, tools and the Objective-C language.”
Get iOS 5 by Tutorials today!$24ADD TO CART
File Formats and Delivery
The source code comes as Xcode projects and the tutorials come in PDF format. Once you have purchased the iOS 5 By Tutorials, you can access the book and its source code immediately via direct download. You will also get access to a forum where we will post updates as they are ready.
How Can I Access the Private Forums?
How Long Will The Book Take to Arrive?
A download link for the PDF copy of the book will be delivered immediately via email.
What’s Your Refund Policy?
We have a 30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee for the PDF version.
How Can I Find The Latest Version??
You can always find the latest version of the PDF in the private forums.
If you have any further questions that the above description hasn’t covered, feel free to ask a question in the forums and we’ll get to you as soon as possible!
What Are You Waiting For?
It’s critical as an iOS developer that you keep your skills up to date, iOS 5 introduced a ton of cool new stuff to learn.
Rather than banging your head against the wall trying to learn these topics by scouring through boring API references, learn iOS 5 the easy way via tutorials, in the style you know and love from this site!
So get your head out of the iCloud, put down your newspaper on the newsstand, and make a storyboard of your future life as a fully educated iOS developer by picking up iOS 5 by Tutorials today! :]
You might also like our other products: