Earlier when we first announced iOS 7 and iOS Games by Tutorials, we mentioned we had some special guests joining us for the book.
It’s finally time to announce who we’re teaming up with – check out this great lineup!
Artists, Designers, and Musicians
These guys made our books look and sound great.
Mike Berg (Artist)
Mike Berg is a game artist who made all of the artwork for the games in iOS Games by Tutorials.
Vinnie Prabhu (Composer)
Vinnie Prabhu is a music composer who made all of the music and sounds for the games in iOS Games by Tutorials.
Jamie Syke (Designer)
These guys bring some special expertise to help make these books incredible.
In addition to making the artwork for the games in iOS Games by Tutorials, Mike Berg has contributed a special chapter that shows you how you can learn to create art like that on your own!
Tom Bradley and Mike Daley
Speaking of which – Tom and Mike just released Particle Designer 2.0 which includes a ton of awesome new features like a new UI rebuilt from the ground up, multiple emitters, device profiles, and much more – check it out!
Jeremy OlsonJeremy Olson wrote the “Designing for iOS 7″ chapter in iOS 7 by Tutorials.
Jeremy is also a prolific writer and blogger – you can check out a recent series he posted about designing and marketing Languages.
Tutorial Team Members
Each year we try to get a mix of returning authors and new authors from the Tutorial Team. Here’s who’s involved this year:
9 Returning Authors
- Charlie Fulton (iOS 6 by Tutorials)
- Matt Galloway (iOS 6 by Tutorials, Essential Objective-C)
- Jake Gundersen (iOS 5 by Tutorials, iOS 6 by Tutorials, Platformer Game Starter Kit)
- Ali Hafizji (iOS 6 by Tutorials)
- Matthijs Hollemans (iOS Apprentice, iOS 5 by Tutorials, iOS 6 by Tutorials)
- Felipe Laso Marsetti (iOS 5 by Tutorials, iOS 6 by Tutorials, iOS App Development LiveLessons)
- Cesare Rocchi (iOS 5 by Tutorials)
- Marin Todorov (iOS 5 by Tutorials, iOS 6 by Tutorials, Cocos2D Video Course)
- Ray Wenderlich (iOS 5 by Tutorials, iOS 6 by Tutorials, Space Game Starter Kit, Learning Cocos2D)
7 First Time Authors
- Christine Abernathy (Tutorial Team Member)
- Soheil Azarpour (Tutorial Team Member)
- Colin Eberhardt (Tutorial Team Member)
- Greg Heo (Editor)
- Chris LaPollo (Editor)
- Pietro Rea (Tutorial Team Member)
- Chris Wagner (Tutorial Team Member)
We hope you enjoy the returning authors, and give a warm welcome to the first time authors! :]
And A Status Update…
The book is coming along well! Currently we have all chapters of both books submitted, and are about halfway through editing.
When the NDA lifts, we’ll send anyone who’s preordered the book an advance copy of what we have ready so far – and then we’ll send you the finished version as soon as it’s ready.