As you might have noticed, raywenderlich.com looks a little different today! :]
For the first time in three years, we have redesigned the site! The goal was to modernize the site, while still staying true to our focus on high quality tutorials and our friendly community.
Besides the better looks, you might notice a few improvements with the redesign:
- Read anywhere. This site now is optimized for iPhones and iPads – and is in fact fully responsive for any size you’d like. Try resizing your browser for fun to see what happens!
- Find tutorials more quickly. First, we have Google search integrated directly in the site so you can quickly find the tutorial you’re looking for. Also, we have more metadata on each tutorial like difficulty level and category so you can more easily see if a tutorial is for you.
- Post on the forums easier. You can now reply to an article or tutorial directly from the bottom of the post itself, rather than having to go to the forums separately.
- Find us on Facebook. For the first time, we now have an official raywenderlich.com Facebook page! Please like us so we can keep you up-to-date with iOS articles, tutorials, and news.
- And much more! There’s a lot of other little improvements we’ve made to the site – see if you can spot them!
Keep reading to see the brains behind the redesign, and see what’s in store for the future!
The Redesign Team
I’d like to give a huge thanks to the team that made this all happen:
Paddy is a freelance illustrator and UX designer, and the creative force behind the redesign.
Paddy was great at working with us in an iterative manner as we narrowed down exactly what we wanted for the new look. He was also extremely communicative and always available for quick design questions.
Paddy runs a website called lefft.com and is available for design contracting work. And *hint hint* – he’s experienced in iOS app design too, so if you are looking for a designer for your app, drop him a note! :]
Brian works with me in our company, Razeware LLC, and was the brains behind the implementation of the site.
Brian wrote a custom WordPress theme for the site, a custom raywenderlich.com plugin, and added a ton of new features to the site – check out our new header and footer for a few examples.
It was a tricky task, especially in making the site responsive for mobile devices and different window sizes – but we think it turned out great.
The raywenderlich.com Site Advisors
I’d also like to give a shout out to our site advisors: Felipe, Charlie, Jake, Cesare, Greg, Matthijs, Marin, Matt, and Cosmin.
Throughout the entire process, these guys gave us some great advice on how to improve the design while staying true to our overall site goals. Thanks guys!
So, What Do You Think?
Please let us know what you think of the redesign – and let us know if there are any problems/issues with it we need to fix.
Note that we’re still working on a few things (like adding metadata for older posts), but we’ll get it sorted out soon.
Also, note this is only the beginning of some big improvements to raywenderlich.com. We wanted to start with a redesign as a base so we’d have a firm platform to build upon, but a lot more cool stuff is coming soon – stay tuned.
We hope you enjoy the redesign, and as always thank you so much for reading this site!