This is just a quick note that our How To Create a Simple iPhone App tutorial series is now fully updated for iOS 5.
It has the following updates:
- Uses Storyboards instead of XIBs
- Uses new Xcode shortcuts to create outlets, set icons/screenshots/etc.
- Uses ARC instead of manual reference counting
- Uses GCD and blocks for asynchronous tasks
- Uses new project templates
- Switched out HUD library with the one we use in iOS 5 by Tutorials
This tutorial is a good introduction to those completely new to iOS development, who want a quick taste of what’s involved in making an app.
Hope you (or your friends trying to learn iOS development) enjoy! :]